>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Digital Painting

Old 22-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #46
TimWinkelman

This is looking good. You went to color sooner than I would have, but that seems to have worked out OK. The only criticisms I can think of are the ones that others have already said: finish the areas that still look a little too flat and maybe make the cave less black.
TimWinkelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #47
prosn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
congrats 4r baby mc, nice work bro.............bt i think ur composition looking very flat,try to give some more details, but still very interesting.......

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #48
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
keep it up M_C!
(and congrats for your baby!
Old 24-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #49
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
no baby updates ??

christening done ?

any updates we shud expect here?

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #50
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
thanks guy, hey I'm back ever thing went very well, he was born 4/22/2010 at 5:20am at 8 pounds 2.7 ounces, it a boy, i call him hulk, just kidding his name is Paul Christopher, and man does he love to eat. this is my first day back on the computer senses the baby was born, so i should have update today or first thing in the morning.

later Mike,
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #51
jlmayen

Hi M_Cederstrom, very interesting concept here, and I like a lot the suggestion of the face in the background. The painting tells me a story without reading anything. Really nice!
jlmayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #52
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

its been a rough month for many of us. So far this piece has alot of potential. keep at it.
________
Plymouth voyager specifications

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:25 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #53
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
hey guy thanks Jlamayen and Wargrafix, here is an update. so now that I'm back, i have a fresh look at it and can see some mistake and some stuff to add. I'm starting to work the concept again.
Attached Images

Old 28-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
hardtack

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' 
Total Awards: 2
You know, I really like your composition. I think the colors are a bit flat, but the overall flow of your image is very well thought out.
hardtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #55
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
yeap now it is coming.

try this game www.aq.com i think its art will get u thinking in right direction

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #56
Tirael K.S.

Congrats with so Great event !
And good update,keep it up )
Tirael K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #57
repi
sea planet

Hey, first that all...congrats for the great news in your family, best of wishes there,
second, I like your idea in the last wip...I have to say that your cave inspired me out to make something similar as you saw... specially with the fangs...
looking forward to more, keep it up!
repi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #58
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
thanks guys, this one almost done, just a little more work an i can all it finish.
Old 29-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #59
darknake
trust me

Send a message via MSN to darknake
Awards Showcase
horrible face
darknake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #60
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
lol how about this one.