>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Digital Painting

Old 24-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #31
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
i am dumbfounded i dont have any synonyms for awesomeness, but if any one asked me the meaning ill show them this.

hmmm i think theres a nice trick which can add more beaty to it.assuming u havent done that already.

instead of setting the fill layer to multiply mode if u put the line art layer above it in multiply mode it can come in handy , cause u may want to see how ur fill colors truly look like .

the curiousity is killing me so before u post the update just tell us whats cmng next

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #32
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
dude this is clean all the way.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #33
jlmayen

Hi Tirael! Very detailed and nice scene! Im waiting for your final coloring! Keep up the good work!
jlmayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #34
Tirael K.S.

Hi ),
Thanks for your kind comments guys,glad to hear! )
Work takes many time and only today I finaly finish coloring.
Here it is:
Attached Images

Tirael K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
Howdy Partner

This looks great!I love the fact that it is a totally different style to everything else.great job well done!
Howdy Partner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #36
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
The concept is great. The coloring could use more contrast and shadows and perhaps the outlines could be a little bit sharpened so that it isn't as softened. Something like this. I think this small post process effect can make or break the piece for the challenge.

Well done and good luck for the challenge..

Last edited by tjerkotten; 28-04-2010 at 09:48 PM..
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #37
repi
sea planet

Amazing!, really nice final! I like the colors and the lineart style that you did!
seems like the Poster for an animated cartoon serie or film...will be great to know the final destiny for him and for the Mummy too, the two characters are very well defined...
cheers.
repi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #38
Tirael K.S.

Howdy partner,repi - Thanks for kind words! Don't know yet,maybe his journey continues )
tjerkotten - Thanks for advice,but I keep my edition,I think its more prefer )

Last edited by Tirael K.S.; 29-04-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 29-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #39
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
So very glad to see this finished, love the detailing the action and the colouring really great work, well done!
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #40
Tirael K.S.

Thanks chunkymunky,glad to hear

And Congrats 2All who finished and participate this cool comp !
Old 02-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #41
jlmayen

Congrats Tirael! Unique and defined style! I like it a lot! Your character reminds me Duke Nukem!
jlmayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #42
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
appears like the tv show secret saturdays, wtha hint of indiana jones and presented like a comic book.

an excellent blend and an excellent sense of light .

+5 to tirael

i wanna see ya in may challenge too

hmm on that note Big toe sir may challenge pls

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #43
Tirael K.S.

Thanx for comments ),very appreciate
If time allows,gladly take part in next comp
Old 03-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #44
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
nice piece tirael, i really like it, good luck in the comp man
desagre with jlmayen, it is guile from street figthers stealing something from bison jaja
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #45
mentalica1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirael K.S. View Post
Greetings everyone,
Its great competition,one of my favorite theme,I'm in =)

My base idea is "Ancient tomb of great King-sorcerer,who buried long time ago,but still his powerfull soul-spirit secure his tomb-mansion hidden in deep Jungle" The great,mystic artifact-treasure hidden there,golden idol-totem who can gave to his owner rich life and extend his life period to 500 years
Many treasure hunters and tomb riders goes in searching that sacred place,but no one came back,they all lost.
And one of famous Tomb raider "Jack the barracuda" with famous repuation goes to dangerous quest.After long searching in deep jungles he finaly found that mysterious place,but encounter on mystic and deadly dark power...
Well,thats all

Soon the first scetches
Great ideas