>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Digital Painting

Old 27-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
that light made it pop out nicely.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
jlmayen

Hello again! Today I was painting the rocks on top of the king, and started with the tomb raider to change a little, because Im getting tired about the green . I changed a little the concept, but I'm not happy with his colours , and it is also too plain now. I wait for your comments!

jlmayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Valtteri

Hey. This is very lich kingey as vnmribaya put it Looks like the whole place is made of jade, or whatever it is...it's nice.

Now it's sort of evenly lit, so I thought maybe you could try and give it a specific lighting. Or an overall lighting...I don't really know what to call it. But like...you have those nice flames there and that slice of light on the pedestal, so you could have them be the brightest spots in the picture and then grade it down to even black from there. Of course you might want to leave the statue and the raider semi bright too. It does look kind of nicely luminous now so I don't know if that lighting thing will ruin that...but if that isn't something you insist on saving then you could give it a try Maybe this comes a little late too...I notice there isn't much time left. But anyway.
Valtteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
the greens are looking marvelous , and you did a beautiful job with the cieling .

the only mis fit is the colour of ur characters cloth the purple doesnt match please do smthng near about green only.

iam telling you it a gorgeous paiting just ur man requires lil toning and mixing n him.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #20
migroe

yeah, also like the colors very much

and maybe you could paint some smaller statues or a few torch-holder to give the piece a little bit more depth? and don't forget the shadow of the raider
migroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
Tirael K.S.

+1 to aby arty
As variant maybe little color correction of cloth to match interrior colors and its be great (some cold or greeny not contrast color)
And maybe add reflections on floor
Tirael K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 02:57 AM   #22
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
looking good, hey try to add some crack in the floor.
Old 30-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #23
jlmayen

Hello everyone, thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions. Id like to have had time to finish this as I wanted, following your advises, but finally I had to simplify a little the scene. Thanks a lot. Here you have my final submission for the contest.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 AM   #24
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
this came out really good, it has a nice a painting feel.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #25
Tirael K.S.

Great final,textures is lookin good
Tirael K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
NIce! the textures are awesome and that blured reflectionos on the floor too, you did a great job man
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #27
jlmayen

Hey thanks to everyone! Im so glad you like it! Good luck to everyone! Really good level in this comp. Thanks a lot.