>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 18-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #571
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
Not sure where to post it, so here I go.

I tried out this tutorial made by Milenia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tgy0...5958D31D8D30C7) because I needed to freshen out my skills, since I haven't done any 3D for almost a year :-) Also, I needed to step up my texturing.

Here is the out come. Still wip, need to work on the wood, but so far pretty satisfied. Any crit welcome!

I noticed at my previous work that I always put everything I could find into my textures, creating horrible mess with no real details. This time I tried to hold back. Did I succeed or is it still too much? I have been looking at this model for too long so I can't really say :-(

Old 18-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #572
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
a real nice comeback my friend!

personally, I miss the AO where the wood meets the metal, I feel no connection between the two materials.. if u want to skip ao, u can try rust leaks from the metal onto the wood surface, that could look kinda nice, and would make them come together!

overall I think the metal parts are really nice, I wouldn't change a thing on it, already looks real. But somehow the wood parts are kinda dead for me.. maybe its the specular, because most of the weapons have like a "layer" on top of the wooden parts which makes the wood more tolerand, and also have a kinda plastic highlight to it.. but this is just a wild stab in the dark

anyway these are small things, its awesome overall!
u should finish the bieber killer gun