>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 27-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #46
Scrat
Still hiding the acorn

Here is my entry (but I am not sure how to proceed).. Greatest fear.. Death as he points who's next.. 1 1/2 hour so far

Great work from everyone!!!
Attached Images

Old 27-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #47
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Juan Puerta: Spot on!

Scrat: You could use the second box base mesh to make a scythe for death.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #48
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Juan Puerta, that is a really strong and horrific scene, great choice!
I shiver at the sight of it! Yuck
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #49
JuanPuerta
Learning all the way

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #13 - Greatest fear 
Total Awards: 6
Freespace thankīs man

hulahuga thank you body, It is a really hard part of that movie, when I saw it I was thinking when the hell is this going to end please. Glad you like it.

Well now Iīm 2 hour and 50 mins. Come on guys, great entries so far.
Attached Images

JuanPuerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #50
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
hello folks

2 hours and 30 minutes till now, a lot of work to do yet, but here we go.

great work guys.
Attached Images

www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #51
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
JuanPuerta: I LOVE the critters from king kong. Have you seen the 'art of' book?
Longhi: My friend is super afraid of chucky.... also sandpaper for some reason.
Siah: A single zombie is scary, a horde of zombies is sheer terror!
Really great stuff from everyone, really! Too bad this wasn't in october.

Anyways I'm about 2 hours into mine. This is sort of a culmination of all my fears, the big ones anyways. The obvious one is old age, but really it is supposed to signify the future, the unknown. Add in the blind fold and the fear of the unknown is more apparent. But most importantly, I have a fear of blindness. Obviously you can get through life totally fine blind, but as an aspiring artist with crummy vision it's something that is always looming over my head.
Attached Images

AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #52
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
Total Awards: 1
Nice work, everyone!

Longhi - very nice, and you still have enough time to refine all the details.

AndrewQ - nice concept indeed. it reminds me when I was a kid (1st grade I think) and couple of other kids at school were fighting for fun with sticks. That day my father "muffled" (found in dictionary..) my eyes for like an hour (who knows, I couldnīt tell time that days...)? Very valuable lesson I guess. Anyway, not that long time ago I was also worried about losing sight (thatīs why I got me an LCD) because I think that I could make a good artist one day too, and 3d is like the only thing I really enjoy doing and the only thing I ever want to do for living. But then I realized that if I lost sight I wouldnīt be able to work anywhere else, so what the hell... (dark humor, anyone?)

good luck everyone!

"Inter arma silent musae"
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #53
Subliminalowl

Spiders...

so this is my first contest here, first post here too, and i dont know if anyone else is having a hard time doing this challenge, but this is really difficult. Its not the modeling part, its the fact that i am grossed out and freaked out by spiders and looking at reference images all day doesnt quite do it for me. Here is the beginning, 2Hrs 20Mins into it and i still have to create a guy being spindled up. Hope you like.
Attached Images

Subliminalowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #54
kazmamurat

haha, longhi, chucky is awesome! really scary, great work.
kazmamurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #55
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Good shapes subliminalowl , keep up the work
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #56
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subliminalowl View Post
so this is my first contest here, first post here too, and i dont know if anyone else is having a hard time doing this challenge, but this is really difficult. Its not the modeling part, its the fact that i am grossed out and freaked out by spiders and looking at reference images all day doesnt quite do it for me. Here is the beginning, 2Hrs 20Mins into it and i still have to create a guy being spindled up. Hope you like.
First of all, welcome to Threedy and to the Sculpting Challenge, Subliminalowl. And yeah, you got the psychological part of the challenge, making you look for reference of your greatest fear.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #57
agrmrs

hey all works are awesome got a quesiton " can i delete the faces that i don't want ...........coz it really helps to subdivide"
agrmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #58
agrmrs

any one plezzzzzzzz tell me can i delete the faces that i don't want ............coz it really helps to subdivide
agrmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #59
Subliminalowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
First of all, welcome to Threedy and to the Sculpting Challenge, Subliminalowl. And yeah, you got the psychological part of the challenge, making you look for reference of your greatest fear.
Thats just cruel...haha i love it!
Subliminalowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #60
agrmrs

hi my friends

hi my friends wow all the entries are awesome
dPunisher - wow great concept & sculpting
Siah - nice one mate really love it
AlexM - nice one man love it
JuanPuerta - great concept man really nice
Scrat - i really scared .....love it
Longhi - nice sculpt .....like the emotion very much