>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The All New Speed Modelling Challenges

Old 23-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #46
ocin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Finally found some time!
I modelled a typical american barn with a silo. the grass was done with max hair and fur.

Hope you like it!
Attached Images

ocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #47
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Nice entries lonelymonk and Ocin !
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatVitrux! Thank you:
lonelymonk (23-06-2011)
Old 23-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #48
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
ocin - very good!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #49
ocin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
thanks Vitrux and ClassicGamer! the textures could need some more work but I got bored and just wanted to finish this stuff
Old 24-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #50
Garner
modonuaght

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
lonely monk ) amazing entry not only great modelling but a fantastic presentation of your work too, love the background and textures
Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatGarner! Thank you:
lonelymonk (24-06-2011)
Old 24-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #51
AndreasOlsen

Hoped that i would get some time to give the scene some materials, but that dident work out, so it has to go with a clay render

Gl to everyone
Attached Images

The SMC's - #61 - "Cold Storage"
AndreasOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #52
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Hello all, i'm afraid i've run into a slight problem here at home. We are currently having our house renovated and de-cluttered and the brand new imac i've purchased is lovingly back in it's box so it is not harmed. My Dell laptop is on 10% battery life and the power cable has been misplaced at the moment, so I cannot charge the laptop.

I am currently in my local library internet access typing this very message, so i'm afraid unfortunately I am unable to work on the next SMC #15!

I'm afriad they'll have to be a slight delay of a day or two (hopefully much less) until the next challenge goes live.

I apologise as this eventuality wasn't planned for.

With a little luck i'll be able to get this sorted sometime tommorow even if it means temporarily setting up my laptop in my bedroom.

Lots and lots going on here, so forgive me if i'm not around to answer any questions. It's unlikely I will be online again today, so all being well i'll see you all and answer questions sometime tomorrow.

Again sorry guys.

John.
Twitter
Old 24-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #53
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Total Awards: 2
No worries ClassicGamer

Aaaaand I am finished and wrapping it up. And this time its special. In my books for sure.

Thanks Ocin for making a building. I thought I would be the only one with building this week
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #54
ocin

Awards Showcase
you'r no alone my son!
Old 24-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #55
Pablo Ferro
Because thatīs my name.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
House improvement hero too

Been up to my eyes lately with that .... this means I have one more day to try and make an entry!?
Old 24-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #56
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Daybreak on the Nile

Here is my entry for this fortnight.
Ancient Egyptean farm on banks of the river Nile - located on a hill to stay away from annual flooding.

Only what is on clay and wire picture has been done in allocated time.
Created in 90 minutes in 3Ds Max 2008.
Rendered with Vray, vegetation and sky created with Vue 7,5, composited in Photoshop as my pc is not that strong
Attached Images

JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #57
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the continued support guys.........wow have we got some crap! we don't like a throw anything away in our house lol.

Message via My HTC.
Twitter
Old 24-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #58
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Don't Worry CG ! ! We understand..
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #59
agamer

Here is my entry,but i think i need to step it up though, there has been some really creative and impressive work for this challenge!

I actually modelled this on the first night of the comp and was hoping to fully texture it but as always never found the time!

Its an old rickety barn, i was going for the odd bits off wood and miss shaped planks to show the age and hopefully cast some interesting shadows inside.

p.s. dont worry cg life always comes first, its the way it is...
and yes i am V jellouse of your new mac!

edit - for some reason my .jpeg's completely change when i up load the, the off line ones are not at all blue / green like the ones posted and the images are much lighter!
Does anyone else have any issues? are you guys using jpegs too?

edit - 2 - Ok i've changed them to .gif and i think they are better now... hopefully!
Attached Images

Last edited by agamer; 24-06-2011 at 08:00 PM..
agamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #60
Edwiersma
VFX Artist

Send a message via MSN to Edwiersma
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Let's Make a splash'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC - 038 - Journey to other planets Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Dahm, hows that with the time difference do I still have 1 hour or not? If not could this be my placeholder?