>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 17-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 4
ignacio - UnEarthly City Scape - 2d enviornment

Hi all,

Still not clear what to do but I would like to join. I should have time over the weekend to put together some ideas. So far I know I want to do a city in some other world. I am leaning towards the fantasy side but I could end up going scifi. About elements, it would be either a city where water is the main element or a desert like environment where sand would be the main element. I am not sure yet.
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Starting point

I have been playing around with the two ideas I had. Either a city where water is the main element or a white city in the desert. I also need to include some 'out of this world' elements. So far I know that I want to include as the main focal point a kind of Cathedral. So here is a dirty sketch and the two starting points for both landscapes. A collage of shapes, brush work and photo textures.

I plan to develop both at the same time a bit more to see where they go. Right now I am leaning towards the desert city.
Attached Images

Old 27-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Here goes an update. I think I am going to settle on the desert city, although it has evolve a bit towards the scifi side. Still in grey scale, although I have already a few colour tests. I will post them as soon as I have something decent.
Attached Images

Last edited by ignacio197; 27-10-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Old 28-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
that last one looks real good. The pillar of light from the second sketch needs to find a home in whatever you make in the end.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Thanks! Yes, I think I am going to drop that version and work on the city scape. Lets see how the coloring goes.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Playing with colours. Not sure where its going. I always have trouble at this stage. Any tips are welcomed
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
An update.

I am also playing around with the idea of putting the city inside some kind of dome. I dont know, I need to do something with this
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
if you go withthe dome idea, don't have it block our view. Just show it off in the distance. or something.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 12-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Yes, you are probably right. I am looking for something to put in the foreground and cant think what
Old 12-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
something flying?

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 24-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
I have run out of time and ideas I think this is what is going to go as my final image.

My element is supposed to be sand, I guess, since I wanted to make some kind of city in the desert. I wanted to have a big building as the focal point, and I went for some kind of Cathedral. The city is surrounded by a medieval type of wall. I dont know if this land is somewhere in the past or future. I picture it in the future, but the style is old. Something along the lines of the city in Stargate.

It was fun but difficult, landscapes are hard Good luck to everyone !

Do we have to upload the final image somewhere else ?
Attached Images

Old 24-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
I read that you need some kind of progress shots. So here are mine.
Attached Images