>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 07-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Korda

Im getting scurvey in all the right places just thinking about it

You need at least two.
Korda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
vieirafel
Tech and art

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
great!!

great man!
awesome challenge ! lets do it !
vieirafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #18
batworm
Senior Environment Artist

This time I'm in!

------------------

Guybrush: If you kill me... there wouldn’t be any more Monkey Island sequels. Then, if you kill me everyone will forget you.
LeChuck: Forget me? I’m the dead zombie pirate LeChuck! No one will forget me!
Guybrush: Do you remember Bobbin Threadbare?
LeChuck: Er… no.
Guybrush: Exactly.
Bobbin Threadbare was a character in LOOM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #19
frebel
Felipe Rebelo

Send a message via MSN to frebel
great theme for challenge here we go !!!

http://frebell.cgsociety.org/gallery/
frebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #20
MrHappy

Top notch challenge this week Was unable to enter the last one so I thought I'd set time aside for this one. Here's a 1 hour sculpt of a space pirate, not too happy with it but I might return to it after I try some other ideas. Good luck all
Attached Images

MrHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #21
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá
Can I change the base mesh ( cube ) , scale , move or change some verts ? or I have to sculp something from the box on zbrush without change nothing ?
Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #22
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Basically, any changes you make to the cube, need to happen in the sculpting programme. If you have it as a subtool etc, there's nothing to stop you rescaling it there. And we've seen from THE Sculpting Challenge #005 that you can make an awful lot from a subdivided box.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Here's my first go at this one. About 40 minutes in. Needed to be sure the mesh was up to scratch. Seems fine so far.

Name:  Pirate1.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  119.6 KB
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #24
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Just a question.I didnt get the time to actually do smth,but i loaded the basemesh in zbrush just to see how it looks and i noticed that since there are so many subtools the symmetry works kinda wrong.Is there a way to maintain the symmetry for each individual subtool?For example,the x symmetry works on the body,although it's really flawed,but when i select a cube there's no way i can have the symmetry work.

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
nielot007
character modeler

yeah cool !!
i like pirates so prabobly i will sculpting something

cheers and have a lot of fun
nielot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #26
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by neolith View Post
Just a question.I didnt get the time to actually do smth,but i loaded the basemesh in zbrush just to see how it looks and i noticed that since there are so many subtools the symmetry works kinda wrong.Is there a way to maintain the symmetry for each individual subtool?For example,the x symmetry works on the body,although it's really flawed,but when i select a cube there's no way i can have the symmetry work.
Yup. Just turn on local symmetry. You'll find it above move on the default right toolbar.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Dooh!!Thx for making me feel like a noob now,Monte! No,really,thanks,i usually dont work with subtools

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #28
SeveredSon

Another contest already. Count me in. Me thinks I'm going to make a sci-fi bio-mechanical pirate matey! arrrrr!
SeveredSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #29
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Pirates?! LET'S DO THIS!!!
So here I am alittle over an hour.. She isnt waving but will be holding a sword or gun in her right hand.
Attached Images

slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #30
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
awsome - i am i big pirate fan since the old school computer game "Monkey Island"
- arrrr ya scummbags - there is a three headed monkey behind you !!!.
great starts from you both ,slangford and MonteCristo.

here my first wip. barrly scratched 1hr.mark
Attached Images

Last edited by bgen; 07-08-2008 at 05:35 PM..
bgen is offline   Reply With Quote