>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 10-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #46
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Mafida! Oh my gawd! Seriously impressive, My favorite sculpt you have done for these!!!
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #47
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Hair is going to be tricky, as it really defines how a person looks like. Mafida got off easy on this one.

Keep up the great work, everyone! Who else can brag about having themselves in their portofolio?

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #48
mafida
nic mi sie nie chce:p

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Shirro-Good start
AndrewQ-Thanks,im glad you like it.
And i worked some over the torso,unfortunately no time left to finish hair.It's possible that i used a little to much inflat brush
Attached Images

mafida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #49
mafida

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place 
Ooops,i forget to turn on perspective in zbrush.Have some strange problems to edit my last post so here it is in perspective
Attached Images

Last edited by mafida; 10-04-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
WOW SO GOOD mafida. real impressive
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #51
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
looks great mafida what's that shader you're using looks really skin like
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #52
dPunisher

Wow, Really great model Mafida!!!
dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #53
mafida

Awards Showcase
CHAO5-Thanks
NeoGeo-Thanks-about material -it's one of rs_matcaps from gnomonology.
dPunisher-Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #54
Shirro

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Alien Competition 
Total Awards: 1
mafida: That looks really awesome!

Here's mine near completion. No idea how to do the hair though...
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #55
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Shirro: I think you're doing a good job on the hair. Don't worry about it, maybe add another subdivision to the mesh and see if you can get some thin crispy hair ( like you did for your eyebrows ) along with what you've got already.

Old 13-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #56
Subliminalowl

So i wish i had a more intereting face like Mafida. I guess i could have made a crazy face, but oh well. Anyway, this is where it is.
I still have a bit of time left, so i am going to nitpick since some things are still really bothering me.
Attached Images

Subliminalowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #57
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
That's very good so far, subliminalowl. If there's something that I'd crit about it is that right now it looks like you have a big dent in your hent in the upper-right of the image, and the eyes could use a bit of work to match the shape from your real life counterpart.

Old 13-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #58
Fellipe Lopes

Send a message via MSN to Fellipe Lopes
Fellipe Lopes

Hey all!, It is a long time since I entered a contest on 3dTotal. Now I resume my studies with this model. I hope you enjoy!!!!

Mafida!!! Great Model Man!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Fellipe Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #59
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
People's stuff is great!
Mafda, AWESOME!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #60
Subliminalowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
That's very good so far, subliminalowl. If there's something that I'd crit about it is that right now it looks like you have a big dent in your hent in the upper-right of the image, and the eyes could use a bit of work to match the shape from your real life counterpart.
Hey thanks, I noticed the dent too (oops) and I do agree about the eyes completely. They are probably one area i keep changing!
Subliminalowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3dtotal, challenge, sculpt, self portrait, speed, threedy