>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 19-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #346
darkmonk

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
hi guys, im not going to have time to finish my model so here is a quick test render i did. good luck to all in the comp.
Attached Images

Old 19-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #347
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
KrRul: Looks good to me.

darkmonk: Sorry to hear that, but you should still submit it either way. Except for finishing details, it's overall a complete piece. And I love what you did to the fingers.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #348
DANNYBOY

Aqua biobot

Well , here's what I have. Got just enough time to slap some polypaint on and time's up! these challenges sure bring out some wicked talent out there. Keep on sculpting!
Attached Images

DANNYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #349
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYBOY View Post
these challenges sure bring out some wicked talent out there.
That's for sure!

Everyone remember the deadline is in less than a day, so if you're still sculpting, get ready to add your finishing touches and submit your entry.

I'm sure Gnomon Workshop is also thrilled to see such sculpts from our community.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #350
Spitfire51

This has been an awesome challange, its sweet to see the broad theme has really been used to its max by sculptors.

Darkmonk: That really reminds me of metal gear ray, awesome sculpt!
Spitfire51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #351
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
hi I am done here is a preview, but I have 2 confusions ADMIN PLEASE HELP:
1)Is this kind of shading is allowed for final judgement i.e. shading like steel and sculpy clay together, here I have used total 3 matcaps ,pls define.
2) asFreespase-3dT has told time is less than a day but in gmt site that u have referred is showing 6.33 pm gmt right now while writing the mail so I can post withen any time beteen 12pm gmt that is a bit more than 24 hrs right?(I am bit confused pls accept my entry if its some hrs late 3dtotal freinds pls coperate)
any way admins plas mail me asap so that i can post the final , I am just unable to post as I am doubtful about multiple matcap use other than that I am done with sculpting here is the prefinal look:
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #352
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
I've gotten a bit more time to work on this. I really need to focus on the feet for the next hour and then get this thing posed and tweak any final details that brings up.
Attached Images

H2olt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #353
Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagiarts View Post
hi I am done here is a preview, but I have 2 confusions ADMIN PLEASE HELP:
1)Is this kind of shading is allowed for final judgement i.e. shading like steel and sculpy clay together, here I have used total 3 matcaps ,pls define.
In my opinion this is not allowed as Freespace said "To differentiate between organic and inorganic, you can use two base colors" So this is just colors and not materials. And if I look at the final submissions thread I think that only one matcap was used in any case.

However great sculpt Sagiarts, and H2olt too!
Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #354
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
Jabberwock:I also think using various matcaps may arise some problem in judgement....so I used only one material and colour.
Great sculpt by everybody.
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 04:57 AM   #355
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Hey sagiarts, I came to same conclusion as Jabberwock. One matcap with 2 colours max. I think your sculpt looks better without the shiny metal matcap anyway! I ran out of time to colour mine as well so left mine as a since coloured matcap.

Was an excellent challenge and rad sculpts by all!!!
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #356
carlw

Send a message via AIM to carlw Send a message via MSN to carlw
These are all looking excellent people!
carlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #357
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 4
Ok, I finly found some time at the end of this comp to finish my sculpt. As you can see I've used the second material for the wepon I've made. I also posed her delicately. Nothing very complicated but I hope you like it.
Attached Images

bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #358
AlexM

When I rendered my final entry I forgot about perspective(it was shut off). Of course it'll not change anything moreover I saw Sagiarts work the best of all. But anyway Cremator must looks thus...
Attached Images

AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote