>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 13-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
FireSunFox

AVATAR - 2d - FireSunFox - The Dawn Wood Witch

Hi,

My concept is inspired by the work of Arthur Rackham, so it's going to be very fantasy based in look and idea.

The story:
In the most ancient time the beings of this planet enraged the very earth into summoning into life the most powerful of Tree Spirit's, mother of all mythical creatures "The Dawn Wood Witch". The avatar of this planet. A woman seemly one with all around her. She alone sent all back to the way of nature, and washed clean the page's of history, leaving nothing of before.

My final image will be of her birth. I'm yet to figure out colour, but I'm thinking of mono tones and working in landscape.

Software:
Photoshop

I'm really going to try mostly traditional techniques on this one, I'm sure it's going to be fun. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by FireSunFox; 18-02-2009 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: update
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
FireSunFox

Research, and more research. I think I may just post some of drafts and such on tues, monday in the U.S.A. Off to do more work. Can't wait to see what everyone else is doing!!! Have a fun weekend!!
Old 16-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
FireSunFox

Lightbulb Some sketchbook concepts

Mad sketchbook TIME!!!
Attached Images

Old 16-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
hope you don't mind, but I'll be watching you.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
ajinak

wow, I didn't notice your sketchbook before.. really interesting concept, I like all those buildings and also the face next to "face like wood" sentence - is it made from memory?
I'm curious on your work when it's finished, keep it up

>> DA gallery
>> CG portfolio
Any comments or advice are more than welcome..
ajinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
FireSunFox

Thanks

Thanks for your comments!
I'm hoping to get the final character design up by Monday and some colour test up by the end of next week.

So off to do more research and mad sketchbook work.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!....
Old 17-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
love the sketches man, definatley going to keep my eye on this page. keep going.

cheers,
Idan
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
RawGreen
Flash user

Send a message via MSN to RawGreen
do I feel a tree fetish here?

She's beautiful, lol.
Old 17-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #9
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Mother nature always grow stronger... No?
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
FireSunFox

So much for plans.....

How could I forget Christmas????

Still hoping to get some kind of final done by the end of the week?!^^
Anyway here's some more mad sketching to tide you all over till then, when?
Happy Christmas!!!
Attached Images

Old 29-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #11
FireSunFox

Question AHhhhh? well it's some kind of colour test?....

I wanted to try paint.net, it's free, it's not bad but it's no photoshop. Anyway here's what come of that test! Off to draw more and really start working on this!!!^^ Happy hoildays guys!!
Attached Images

Old 29-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
Milan

Send a message via Yahoo to Milan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 73 ''life on a farm'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
your concept sketches r cool .painted one looks little odd than ur sketches . I know it is on the process. her hands r not looking feminine.I think u have to work little more on that . show ur work as powerful as ur pencil sketches at final . Hope to see ur final brilliant piece .
This is what I saw on ur work.
Old 29-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #13
FireSunFox

Thanks

Yeah I know what you mean, it wasn't really a great sketch at all, just some thing to try out paint.net with. My main issue with paint.net is the lack of brushes or really to be able to edit the one you get.
I was thinking of the same thing about making this image more about the line work, maybe Hoang Nguyen inspired? (very Japan) I'll try to get something up before I get on to the final to show what I mean, it would be a jump for me, I'm far more a painter, custom brush maker/user.
You know all about the brush work!!^^
Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
FireSunFox

Ahhh....No more internet access?

What a time to go over my internet limit. It's not so much the jump back to dial up, it's the being cut off at peak times, which has seeing as it's hoildays and all left me with no access for the past 5 or so days.

So a quick update: On to drawing up the final, hope to be able to post anything after the tenth when my next/this month's access kick's in!!!

New smilies???
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 AM   #15
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

nicely done!

Its a very interesting concept where she looks almost like some kind of goddess. Looking forward to seeing more.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA STRAINS

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 02:29 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote