>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #16
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
You just need to unzip it a little more, then it will be golden.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #17
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 2
Haha
This means I'll lost your wote BIG ToE, since these are the last boob-related stuff, you'll see in this thread... at least I'm affraid so
But if I'll find the time, I could make a more unzipped version of her, just for the sake of story telling ofcourse
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Greattsabszy! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (06-08-2014)
Old 06-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #18
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Is that allowed to use 3dt logo in a similar fashion like I did here? (attached) Daddy Big ToE?

If yes, my plan is to implement it into the story that Shelby's troops are called Total Troopers, similar to Heaven's Devils in SC2.

I'm gonna use the colors of 3dt, so I guess I'll meet the restrictions of the contest, but I'm not sure if it counts cheating or forbidden to "change" 3dt logo (not really changing but adding stuff to it). If it's not forbidden than I'll put it onto her armor as a patch
Attached Images

Last edited by tsabszy; 06-08-2014 at 06:31 PM..
Greattsabszy! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #19
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
started on the conept, just blocking phase. i was not sure about many things but now most of the things are becoming clearer in my head.

few notes if someone is interested.
(just a few guidlines i'm trying to follow during this project) i'm trying to do a mixture of the old marine suits, something that would fit into StarCraft 2's current design and the medic avatar's design around the face that you can see in game (medics didn't appear in any cinematics if i'm not mistaken, but medic in game is basically a marine suit). and according to the game's wiki medic suit is a lighter one that marines use.
so it might not recognizable for the 1st glance, but i have a lighter suit, that resambles elements from old marine suit's designs, and is lighter, less bulky than the marine suit, plus there's slightly more hardware exposed without armor.

*ah, and i decided that the medication tools are mountable to the bedic suit, so also the flamethrower part will be made in the sae fashion (i'm planning to explain it with concepting later)

i guess that' all.
getting back to concepting as soon as i can

Old 07-08-2014, 03:22 AM   #20
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I think its a good idea to change up the logo. It shows your creativity. Plus, you can still tell what team the logo is for. Thumbs up.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #21
Fig

Love the logo for sure and also diggin the concept. I can't wait to see more
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #22
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Love your concept. And a great logo design, maybe try another font. Something more epic fits better, I think.
Hopefully I will post something soon as well.
fantasymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #23
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
Thx for the answer BIG ToE! I'll make a final version of the logo then!
Thx guys!

fantasymaster - yes i could experiment more with fonts, but i really wanna use 3dt's fonts, so it's more clear to people what i mean by Total Troopers (that's us )
And also i will be on vacation next week, so time is short, i need to listen to my gutts and not spending too much time on this, just as much as i must thx for your crit!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:47 AM   #24
niall

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
that is really a nice concept for your medibat, I want to see more XD
niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #25
Sophiekhara

But but but! If you put her in a suit you wont see her boobies!

Jk, it looks ace. Looking forward to more
Sophiekhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #26
independhans

I curious on the hard surface if you go start it in zbrush or on other prog
independhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #27
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
niall - thx hopefully you will
Sophiekhara - sad but true i'm so so cruel, i know. thx for coming by and commenting
independhans - personally i'm not good at Zbrush hard surface modelling, so it's propably gonna be old school- hard surface modelling in 3ds max. i'll keep you updated if everything goes well, so you'll see the process!

And here's a little update on the concept. I also have a colored one but it's not yet at the stage of sharing

[/quote]

and a progress of the progressing from the stage of my last update to this one above (i wish i'd save out more stages sorry!)

Last edited by tsabszy; 09-08-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Old 09-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #28
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Bro that's some serious stuff!

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #29
niall

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
awesome concept man, now you make me on fire by just seeing your concept man, definitely want to see her in 3D XD
niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #30
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
thx guys!!

well... see you guys, i'm off for a week!
now, a week of vacation and then hopefully tons of modelling. it's gonna be tough to finish but i will not even think about this during this week
hopefully some of you guys will stay tuned afterwards as well!

finished concept... it turned out lamer than i intended it to, but i'm slow to draw

***EDIT:
i checked the other forums as well, before i leave this project for a while and a feel like i could already quit few people have their half model done already and i have a few scraps of drawings :P
and i wanted to concept her a flamethrower and a sawed off shutgun. i guess i'll only do the shutgun and the rest is gonna be in 3d then :S

Last edited by tsabszy; 18-08-2014 at 11:02 PM..

Tags
character, female, hard surface, scifi, zbrush