>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The Concept Art Challenge

Old 30-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 4
ignacio - Zombie Night

I am back in the challenges. I am a bit late this time cause lack of time this month and because Zombies are not really my thing. But I have four holiday days coming up and I might just get the time to get something done. Plus it is going to be a bit of a challenge for me getting a Zombie done, dark mood images is not my thing. I will submit some ideas and first drawings as soon as I put them together.
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
mwrede

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Avengers Mash Up 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio197 View Post
dark mood images is not my thing.
that's a good one (...I remember...hmm, the...what was his name...THE CROW!) Actually, your entry for fanart looked pretty dark to me

Whatever, this one should be an easy task and I'm excited what you'll show within the next 4 days! Good luck, dude!

Cheers,

mwrede
mwrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Maybe you are right , the Crow one was on the dark side.

I am finding a bit difficult to get something decent out of it, but here it is.

For reference, I did not use much since I am going for a close up of the face. So I looked for face photos and settle for these few (there are far too many zombies out there). Mainly I wanted some mouth and teeth showing for reference, and randomly, I liked the eyes of the girl. She does not look much like a zombie to me but comes up when googling zombie. The other image I liked is the one with multiple zombies, I liked the atmosphere, so I want to see if at the end I manage that kind of atmospheric feeling.

I include a strip with the first steps, where there is not much to see really Just trying to get the shapes right.

And the last image in the post is where I am now. Some zombies have escaped from a radioactive facility and are heading to town. A lot of work to do still, but lets see where it gets me.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Quick update. Still working in greyscale before deciding on the final colours. I dont like the eyes, so I am going to have to work on them a bit more.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
A bit of color.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
I can't say I am proud of it, but this is what came out.

I have added a hint of a nuclear power station in the background and fixed things here and there.

I am trying to decide on the colour scheme, something more colourful or a bit toned down. I am probably going to go for this second version, feels more zombie like.

Ill finish up the concept sheet and I will be done with it.
Attached Images