>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 30-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Brice

Blizzardfest - 3D - Witch Doctor / Warcraft III

Hi here !

I am happy to join 3dtotal today. I don't know if i will be able to reach my ambitions for this contest but i hope that my 'special version" of the Witch Doctor from Warcraft III will come to life.

I wish you all a good BlizzardFest Challenge!

, ,

I just bring some references here but , i'll try to write some words about the character i want to do later because it will actually be a troll but my aim is to show at the end of the challenge a character who will have behind him many years of experiences in multiple magic and sciences experimentations.
A troll who travelled a lot and learnt from many civilisation to become an epic guy.

.. well i hope so ^^

So I have the story in my mind but I think it'll be more interesting to explain it step by step later. Now i think i would better focus on some drawings to get started,

and as i don't really know how world of warcraft look like today, I will take my influences in Warcraft III reign of chaos and Frozen Throne.

That's all for the presentation .. I think ^^

Last edited by Brice; 30-07-2014 at 04:41 PM..
Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Brice

Hi all, just a tiny picture !

RogerP: Thank you, i'am not used to publish on forum, and my album was "private" ... so thanks to warn me ! hope it works now ^^

Last edited by Brice; 01-08-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Old 01-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
no pic showing up for me

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
cause you suck as a computer. I on the other hand, see it just fine.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
maybe because it was fixed....b8tch...kthanx

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #6
Brice

Hi guys:
BiG ToE-3DT => i fixed my post but did not reply afterward so Roger warned me about my mistake nothing really important but , well , I hope you are cool together guys ^^

on another hand i am really not satisfied with my work today so i will not publish anything tonight but i will be happy to share something new with you as soon as possible ^^

see you soon!
GreatBrice! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #7
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I was just messing with that Roger guy. It's all good.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek
You're pretty in green, Big.

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatTekNeek! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (03-08-2014)
Old 15-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #9
Brice

Hi all !

I could not come since many days cause i had too much work but, hey , it's time for "troll modeling".

I made some design on paper this week but this afternoon i went with a silly idea (as often).

Since it's a challenge based on modeling/texturing/Shading, i should focus on that but today i was thinking that i often do characters but never work on "muscles" system.

So, i decided to try something, and experiment around muscle/anatomie rigging. I don't know if i will be using this for my final model but here is a fast test i did on zbrush in order to see if i could
use my basemesh "muscles" to actually rig my final character (i am 3d generalist and really like animation , so that's why i would be happy to push some setup in addition of the modeling of my character).

So Step 1 i did a zsphere armature to get my silhouette
step 2 i dynameshed it and draw my muscles on the silhouette
step 3 i separated muscles and gave them their volume in order to keep them for rigging later (if it happen that my idea look not so silly...)

then i placed the muscles to make them interlace properly (because as they were designed they were only side by side), and now i come with a clean basemesh and some muscles in another subtool.

It's not my traditional way to work, clearly not, but hey ^^ we are here to improve or experiment some things and i come with the idea that if it's a dead end we have like a month to go back so, i surely will
work more "normaly" if i feel that the deadline come too fast.

I hope my english is not so bad and i wish i will post more pictures soon.

See you.

In addition to that post , i used some anatomie references as inspiration but i am not aiming on an actual biologie likeness of the reality (not sure if it's nicely turned as an english sentence sorry ^^).
Old 18-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #10
Brice

Hi all,

just a test on uv for my creature pants. I will not use this texture for the final render ^^ since it would be quiet epic ..

Old 24-09-2014, 01:09 AM   #11
Brice

Last edited by Brice; 25-09-2014 at 02:15 AM..
Old 27-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #12
Brice

just dealing with import/export of map, i wish i had more time this month because now it's a race to finish this challenge on time ^^.

I'll finish this character anyway and wish you a good sprint until the deadline !

See you everybody !

Last edited by Brice; 27-09-2014 at 01:18 AM..
Old 27-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #13
Brice