>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 30-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #211
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
Wink

liquidbear, Thanks a lot

DELTATHUND3R-Thanks , I can understand , but dont worry mate I will put my words for ur posts and for everybody till I can keep my eye on

Krazy8:thanx

bryzol:Thanks for ur suggestion I do think the same and I will erase the wound

paulius-st:Thanx mate

Neto:Thanx I will try my best to keep it up
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #212
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Well, im down to 3.5 hours left. All i got to model is the weapon and pedestal...what should i do?

Old 30-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #213
freakmean16

Well, Im watching some very good sculpts here, I think Im out of time, so here is what I have till now, Im doin now the posing so... any advice???

PS: Thanks for the advice fresspace, I think I pulled this gun out, what do you think???
Attached Images

freakmean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #214
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Amazing sculpts on here!!!
Really inspiring stuff.
Finished renovating my backyard last weekend so hopefully my partner will remove the ball & chain and let me spend some time on this challenge!!

Stalefish - Like it! He looks so happy to be bouncing to certain doom!

Segi - Great detail and character. I tend to agree about the wounds on the arm. Maybe just reduce the amount of them and don't make them symetrical, unless that is part of the design?

Neto - your scuplt is neato!!!! When I saw your first WIP it didn't jump out at me but now it's looking spot on!! Maybe the weapon could be a handbag of death or a paris hilton stlye bio-mechanical Chihuahua (see attached pic)?? A little extra detail in the hair would be sweet too.
Attached Images

gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #215
Raul

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Exclamation

Freakman - dude! I like how u sharpened up ur model! Its taking on a nice direction there. I think now the armor needs some wear and tear marks.

By the way I'm am so totally digging the gun! Although. I think it needs to be bigger....that there is just not big enough! Lol jk

Gumb - a chihuhua? Lmao. Don't tempt me! I'm crazy I migth do it! Lol
Thanx for the feedback. I still feel thst I need some more detailing to do.
Old 30-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #216
AlexM

Hi everybody!!! Very nice works-Neto,Neozerahan,Kreft,Freakmean16, Sagiarts-amazing. This time I refuse posting WIP's and show the result.
Attached Images

AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #217
GMGraham

well I've run out of time on mine, I didn't get as far as I'd hoped (that tank took a while to flesh out). I think I might start over with a different concept, something a little more expensive looking and a little less organic. We'll see how much time I have. Everyone's sculpts are amazing, very inspiring work! I love this forum, hope to be more involved in the future.....

Here are a couple more close ups of this "suicide soldier" for now. (wish I could add the flames coming from the flame thrower in his mouth, maybe could have used the weapon mesh for that eh?)

GMGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #218
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
freakmean: I'm loving your designs, great stuff!

AlexM: Certainly unique, so far nobody made a turret weapon.

StaleFlesh: I love his backstory, and that pose is awesome!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #219
dPunisher

Question

Hey, great work so far! sagiarts, Pedz, goast666, KREFT, bryzol, DELTATHUND3R..... ha the list keeps going! How in the world do you guys get such clean surfaces? ... i really can't do this hard surface stuff...

any ways i'm still working on this..

Question:
Someone pls let me know if the idea i'm working on is valid?

cos i've used the '_weapon.obj' as a part of the model.. i.e the 'girl' is actualy the weapon.obj file... the rest of it is the '_body.obj' ...

this is at 4hours.. :P

Thanx.
Attached Images

dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #220
Oniram

Send a message via AIM to Oniram Send a message via MSN to Oniram
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
wow. i really need to keep up with these challenges. this one is perfect. i just completed a game design document about 2 weeks ago and this competition calls for the exact type of character that i hoped to create! ill definitely be starting this soon.
Oniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #221
freakmean16

heyhey, thanks for the comments here, yep, this is my first "serious" hard surface stuff, so I think it needs more and more refinin, but I lost all of my time in this guy, so I have a question:
Can I do another one?????, or not???, and we just can upload one final right????

I dont know if Im already asked this so, sorry (If I did)

PS: for all of you guys, here is a tut from Nick Zucarrello, he did this stuff and i found it very helpfull:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...d.php?t=070974

Last edited by freakmean16; 30-06-2009 at 01:57 PM..
freakmean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #222
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
wow nice update sagiarts... the arms looks greatn and the freaky eyes are awesome. Good on you!

nice sculpt Neto!!!

Old 30-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #223
Raul

Awards Showcase
dPunisher - Well, is a mixture of things. The 1st thing you need to do is achieve your main composition and design. Do this on the 1st and 2nd subDs. Then once you get that, try to get most of the hard surfaces hard on the 3rd one. Dont bother with details yet. Finally, when you reach up the 1 million mark, and you have your main stuff blocked out. Use a combination of pinch, clay tubes and flatten brushes to "iron" the surcfaces, using the pinch tool you sharpen the edge and finally using the clay tube brush you bevel edges.

The final suddivision level, is really only for detailing, by the time you get to this point all of the main things on your model should be blocked out.

Also, at least me, i dont really use any other stroke other than dots.

On your sculpt. It seems that the way you tried to go was by seeting the smooth level to where it keeps things hard whereever you start subdiving your mesh. This can result in undesirable results, as it gives you those weird straigth edges going on all around your mesh. You prolly want to avoid doing that. You also, need to subdivide your mesh prolly 3 or 2 more times in order to get the most out of your mesh.

Looking at your mesh now, i bet you if u do that subdivide two more times you will problably get the number of polygons to pull off the shapes of your mesh.
Old 30-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #224
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darchand View Post
Here is mine. Oh about 6-20 but only around 3 hours of sculpting time in all reality. If you are wondering this is what happens when I save (try to save...)

I do plan on starting over or not entering.
Just some things to stop that crash.
Always save on the Lowest SubD for all tools
NEVER save with a mask on.
Old 30-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #225
KREFT

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Hello,

I did the hard surfaces using the move brush(for the basic forms),the flatten brush,clay brush or claytubs(this 3 are for making and defining the flat surfaces ) and the pinch brush for edges.
That's it, I think that this needs just practice(and a tablet
thanks
KREFT is offline   Reply With Quote