>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #271
oktow

@KrRul>>nice scuplt and yup a think thats armor.. must blend with body... keep it up...
@Fenixy>>owww nice sculpt.... mmm i think your problem come when you smooth and divide... but you can hide it
oktow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #272
AlexM

KrRul- nice sculpt I like it's torso, just add some mechanical gears into it and you'll get biomechanical hybrid
Longhi- good job man.......
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #273
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Damn! I leave for the weekend and everyone is going nuts. Anyway, I'll post up some stuff later this evening. Great work everyone.

H2olt - How are you getting the hole in the back of his head? Did you grab the middle of his back and the top of his head and pull them together then clay the hell out of it? If so...damned good idea.

Fenixy - Everytime I see him I think Mr. Freeze for some damned reason. I love the piece either way. And I'm sorry to hear about the corrupted file...always sucks. Incremental saves!!!

Last edited by goast666; 05-07-2009 at 07:49 PM..
goast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #274
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
oh my schedule is sooooooooooooo tight , just chopping off some sleep there and got 2 hrs to work on the mechanical hand and the legs, still need to do the boots ,pose , weapon and pedestal,..GOD help me....
here's my update

sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #275
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
Fenixy:thats a real problem bro.....why dont u try some inflate brush on the fingers and then couple of flatten and clay tube brush to get the fingers right.
Ohh, another thing, cud somebody refer me a tutorial or some tips of painting different material on the same model , as I want to seperate the body and the mechanical part of my model.
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #276
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Sagiarts - We can only use one material on the model.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #277
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
He meant painting the organic parts in one color and the mechanic ones in another. I'd suggest how to do it but I use Mudbox, and I'm sure it's totally different in Zbrush.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #278
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Sag - It's easy.

pick a color. Then color>fill object (have RBG on and at 100)
then pick another color, turn off Zadd and Zsub on the brush and only have RGB turned on, then color him where you want the different color.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #279
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
thank you guys!

sag - great one man!

more 30 minutes, I hope I can use my 3 hours left on this week to finish this one.
Attached Images

www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #280
Jabberwock

1,5 H to go.
Still a lot fo details to work on! And I have of course to assemble them, pose it and make a nice pedestal...
Attached Images

Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #281
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
wow, some amazing pieces in here. I hope IŽll find some time to enter this one too.

"Inter arma silent musae"
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #282
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
awesome sculpt sagiarts
Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #283
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 4
Some nice new works here: Longhi, Sagitars, Jabberwock, H2olt, Fenixy, KrRul... Keep it that way guys!

I havn't add anythink new but I was plaing with the matcaps a litle and here is what I've got:
Attached Images

Last edited by bryzol; 06-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: forgot about attachments :)
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #284
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
nice 5* bryzol
Old 06-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #285
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
sagiarts, I just plugged your WIP in the top news bar, so please feel free to collect a Golden Eye award - we wish you the best of luck finishing the character.

Best of luck to all, this challenge rocks!!

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote