>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 23-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #106
Lordabortion

1.5 Hrs into it, I wish I didn't have to work so much

Not much, but better than nothing!
Attached Images

Lordabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #107
dPunisher

WildWire, Branduarte, mrpeculiar, KREFT, neozerahan, bryzol... and evey one else... awesome sculpts!

mrpeculiar- thanks for the tutorial! It helps a lot..

a quick question... is it ok to use plugins .. i.e the new Zplugin- Decimation Master- It can be used to reduce the number of polygons (as the model becomes highly subdivided)..?
dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #108
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Here we go

Well, 1hr down...7 more to go.
I was supposed to be working, but this is way more fun.

dPunisher - Decimation Master isn't used for the creation process. It is used to destroy a mesh when you're done to either print it, bake maps, or retopo. If there is another reason, I don't see it. But anyway, if you were to decimate the mesh you wouldn't be able to work on it anymore (all tris) and Also, you'd be altering the mesh from the original, which isn't allowed.

I do believe we can make the mesh into subtools to get a higher polycount. Only reason we can do that is we aren't actually altering the mesh, just making it so it will work better in Zbrush/Mudbox.

--------edit
Damn it. I just saw Branduarte's sculpt...gonna have to change the head now...grrr.
Attached Images

Last edited by goast666; 23-06-2009 at 04:56 AM..
goast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #109
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
Thanks for kind words guys!
dPunisher - I think that we can't use decimation master becouse it changes the topology.
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #110
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
hi all while planning to sculpt I have 2 doubts:
1.Can I break he base meshes into smaller subtools to get better polycount.
2.Can I delete some parts like the fingers at feet (pretty annoying).
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #111
dPunisher

goast666 & bryzol Thanx for the replies.

sagiarts... try to smooth the extra parts at the lower sub-levels... but that'll not reduce the number of ploygons :P
dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #112
KREFT

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Thank you Freespace-3DT .

so many great models !!!

here is mine 4.5 h now
Attached Images

KREFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #113
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Ok. here is an update. I've spent two hours with the head detailing.
Tell me what you think?
(Oh how I wish to have more polys.)
Attached Images

Old 23-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #114
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Crispy4004: I understand what it's like to have so many things to do and so little time. Think it over carefully, and if you've got 8 hours over the next month, I hope you'll grace us with a hybrid.

liquidbear: Good start, just remember to make him/it powerful looking, even if he's sleak and thin. Even a weaker hybrid could still cause serious damage with a kickass weapon.

Joseph: What do you plan to do with the pedestal?

darkmonk: Technically, you're doing it within Zbrush, so it should be allright.

freakmean: Just look at the rules, you've got until the 20th July to submit. Showing work in progress is definetely recommended, as people can comment and help you out if you've got trouble.
To everyone wondering. Freespace's Reply to Darkmonk says we can split the mesh into subtools.
Old 23-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #115
silverflame

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: game art Weapon Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in smc 55 - On your marks Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #76 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in smc 52 - take a closer look 
Total Awards: 17
here's where i'm at after 2 1/2 hours, first time really doing any inorganic things
Attached Images

Portfolio Website

Coroflot Profile
silverflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #116
Sandpiper
It's for the children...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 10
Hey everyone - I haven't done of these speed sculpt challenges in a loooong time. I have a bit of free time this week so I thought I'd participate!

I'm closing on 5 hours in on this one. Didn't really have a solid design in mind when I started so I find myself fiddling with design stuff more than anything else. I'm getting close to being able to start adding details and incorporating the fleshy areas into the mech....btw, his toes have been rotated under his foot and flattened in, just in case you were wondering.

Jesse
Attached Images

Sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #117
Victor22

Send a message via MSN to Victor22 Send a message via Yahoo to Victor22
Hi I Will enter in this competition
here my first 00:15 minutes just blocking the model
my intenton is made a kind of Cyborgstein...rs

Thanx
Attached Images

Last edited by Victor22; 23-06-2009 at 07:13 PM..
Victor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #118
freakmean16

Hey hey, nice work everyone, I think this may be a dumb question, but we can post as many models we can do right???, but we cant get past the 8 hours limit right????

PD: Love your design Bryzol, reminds me of a cyber Medusa...
freakmean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #119
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Yes we can post as many models that we can do (everyona within 8h) but we can only submit one as a final.

And thanks...
Old 23-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #120
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Another little update. The body is almost finished, only lower legs are not shaped yet. There is fev details missing yet too but I will add them after posing the figure. Now it's time to make a gun and a pedestal.
Attached Images