>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 24-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
THE Sculpting Challenge - 004 - Voting

THE Sculpting Challenge - 004 - Voting

The fourth sculpting challenge final entries are in and it's time to decide a winner. This job rests in the hands of you, the participants and spectators! We're sticking to the same voting system as earlier. Find your three favorite entries and rank them from first to third giving them points according to this formula:

1st: 3 points
2nd: 2 points
3rd: 1 point

-Only the rank and names are required, and we would prefer if the thread is kept clean of chatter and such, but feel free to give a reason why you chose the ones you did.
-In order for your vote to be valid, your post count must be 50 or above to prevent a "fixed election". Only exception is if you have contributed an entry yourself.
-It goes without saying that all voters MUST look through each of the entries before posting their score, and only entries from the final submissions thread are valid.
-Don't vote for yourself.

We will add up all the points and announce the winner on Tuesday July 1st (In a week) at 10:00 AM GMT, or if we see it fit before that (no votes for 24 hours etc).

Best of luck to everyone!
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
1st: Crab People (Krang is perfect, exactly what we were looking for in this challenge, incredibly well detailed and just brilliantly sculpted.)
2nd: kazmamurat (An amazing Mr Incredible, bursting with character and style, superb sculpt!)
3rd: MonteCristo-3DT (D&D's Venger the ultimate baddie, and the ultimate badass sculpted counterpart, flawless construction again and beautiful detailing!)

It's also worth mentioning Emeth003's Uncle Fester which blew me away aswell.

This wasn't easy at all whatsoever!

Kind Regards
CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
1st - Crab People
2nd - Kazmamurat
3rd - Emeth003

Great work everbody! Looking forward to getting stuck into the next challenge.
chrisskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
kazmamurat

this time it 's harder than before to vote only 3 works, there are many of great works, unfortunately I must select only three of them,

my choice;

1. Mantis (amazing detailing and clean sculpt for limited time)
2. Emeth003 (as always, great work)
3. Katonc (awesome idea and realistic sculpting)
kazmamurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Yup. This is V tricky.

1. kazmamurat - Been my favourite for a long time. It's quality.
2. Pap97 - A cool sculpt as well.
3. Fireantz - I love this sculpt.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
funkdelic
3D Dude!

Send a message via ICQ to funkdelic Send a message via MSN to funkdelic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: the 2nd place at the 22nd LowPoly Contest  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
1 - Kazmamurat
2 - Guhhh
3 - Intervain
Old 24-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
shakey3d

1. Emeth003
2. WildWire
3. Intervain
shakey3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Mantis

1-Kazmarut- My favorites for a long time too
2-Pap97- Really great sculpt that perfectly fit to the challenge.
3-Rwijaya- Really love this one too.

These three are my favorites not only because they are great but also because they put a real effort to respect the challenge theme.
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
1. pap87 - to me u nailed the topic down. and the sculpt is great as well.
2. kazmamurat - same here spot on topic. to bad he isn't as chubby like in the pixar movie .
3. MonteCristo - ace.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 2
1. kazmamurat
2. Emeth003
3. freesupra
ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
M3N7H0L5
eatin' ain't cheatin'

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
This gave me a hard time..

1::Emeth003-you always nail em
2::Fireantz-the way you manipulate the mesh..just superb
3::<del>Pap97</del>Pap87-the closest looking sculpt to the cartoon by far

Last edited by M3N7H0L5; 25-06-2008 at 03:35 AM..
M3N7H0L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
guhhh

Send a message via MSN to guhhh
harddd choice!!

1. Kazmamurat
2. MonteCristo
3. rwijaya
Old 24-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #13
clee101

It was very tough to choose..

1. pap87-excellent transition from cartoon to real-life. Great quality sculpting.

2. Crab People- very interesting and fun to look at. Nice details.

3. Emeth003- high quality sculpt, great transition, nice expression.
clee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #14
freesupra
matty

Send a message via MSN to freesupra
1 - Mantis
2 - Pap87
3- Kazmamurat
Old 24-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #15
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
For voting, I was trying to look at the topic. There were some really nice quality sculpts, but not all stayed on topic. So, here's my picks:

1) kazmamurat - Mr. Incredible looks great. This is by far my favorite. You've foregone any stylization, yet made it an obvious real-life counterpart of the big I himself.

2) guhhh - Gargamel...geez. What a great idea! You've definitely captured the creepiness. He's a bit too stylized, but the addition of his cat is nice. Good work.

3) Emeth003 - Uncle Fester looks good...plain and simple. We've already seen his real life counter part via a couple of feature films, so I can't give you a better vote. Technically, however, the modeling is good...so third place for you!