>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Final Entries, Voting & Winners

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Voting Time has come!

Here's how it's going to work, initially there will be a public vote to decide the top 5 places.

To qualify for voting you must have at least 50 posts to your name or be a competitor of the challenge you are voting in (must be the same stream too, so a matte painter cant vote in speed modelling for example, unless he has over 50 posts)

Please choose your top 3, your first place gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, and 3rd gets 1. We will use these final entry threads for public voting also.

Public voting will be open for 1 week.

Then the top 5 will be judged by a panel (to be announced) to decide the final places, this will happen during the second week of the month. winners will be announced when all the judging is final

Ok people, get voting and good luck to everyone!!

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Man, just three is hard to do, Toe But here I go:

No.1: Shanmatte30
Last, but not least - at least to me. Love the colors and the atmosphere.
No.2: Mitch-king
Absolutely beautiful use of colors. Very painterly.
No.3: Boba Bu
I like the use of colors in this one too. It's refreshing to see a nice blue sky.

I also wish I could've voted for Claw, Raulfabi, Whiteguardian, dark-blast and arteyo, but damn. It's always tough in these comps to pick just 3.

Good luck to everyone!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 01-02-2010 at 12:49 AM..
Old 01-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #18
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
1) mitch-king

2) boba_bu

3) raulfabi
Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #19
CarlosNCT
Really good boy

Hi! I was wondering all night and thinking my vote.

1st place: Mitch-King. Lovely palette and composition. The concept and the idea are very good, the ambience.... first place from me!

2nd place: shanmatte30. Love composition and palette. The blue-yellow color scheme is very good

3rd place: Dront. As others, good palette, and this texture effect inside line work is funny. Good composition and desolating light ^^

It have been so dificult to choose the ranking. Good work guys!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #20
InTheClue

Iv watched these 3dtotal contest for quite some time and always.The voting seems unfair.
It looks to be more of a popularity contest.The post below is one from GA that I pasted here
and changed up the name walrus to someone of similar rank
here on 3d total so the point can be conveyed correctly to everyone :

Right now the best voting system in all forums is Game Artisans. Why there are
many reasons to that to me hidden votes allowed you to vote anyone’s
entry which soothe your eye instead of following other
peoples likes or dislike,

What I means is if I know which persons Freespace-3DT voted, the first thing
strikes to my mind is that Freespace-3DT is a senior Indeed his
taste of choice will be purely professional and hence instead of
what I like the most I will likely to follow Freespace-3DT votes. And if somehow I don’t followed Freespace-3DT vote
my first impression will be
that I will check those entries first which Freespace-3DT voted
then even think of going and checking other entries
thus somehow visible voting to my opinion
is not much a fair game

Thus are more advantages to hidden voting

I know im going to get flamed for this but I know im not alone.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #21
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
1 -boba_bu very nice work for me!

2 -Whiteguardian

3 -shanmatte30

Special wink to washka for his idea on the work of the image that I find excellent!
I also like the fact that ltken84, composition, color, dynamic but it makes me think of the abstract more than a ghost town ....although everyone has their own vision

Last edited by chris_solo; 01-02-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
Arteyo

agreed!

I agree so much with IntheClue and Longhi there about the public voting system. I'm new to this forum and I'm not one of those popular ones here. I'm reading what others are saying about this popularity voting system being unfair and I have a feeling it seems true. this does seem to be a very unfair voting system. It seems people vote for people they know or friends with.

I read it from here: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73287&page=3

This should be about voting for an art work that you really like and not voting for something just because that person is your friend like some people are doing I noticed.

If I have like 10 artists friends here in the forum that can vote and I tell them to vote for me and they did just cause they are my friends. Think about how that would be unfair to you. That's all I gotta say about this.

Last edited by Arteyo; 01-02-2010 at 08:26 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
pfffff.....
Personally I try to be impartial in my vote because I think we're all here to progress in our art and not to give satisfaction to the friends. things that motivate me are the beautiful creations, and tell me it's great that this guy did!
those who vote for their friends are stupid to do that, especially in thinking that they will vote more for itself after ... what's the use of art in all this! it serves no purpose and does a disservice to anyone!
Obviously if he's a friend who made a fine achievement, we are always happy to vote for him but the first thing first and see what he has done!!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #24
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
My votes go for:

Always hard to vote:

1-Boba_bu: That's some big work for me, and big technique.
I can feel the abandoned city there but I'm missing a bit the ghost, colors help me a bit. The only negative point for me is originality, it's a really classical concept.

2-mitch-king: Big work and impressive atmosphere, I've got some more comments for you later, composition.

3-Itken84: Interesting mix of effects, colors and lightning.
Don't know why people never vote for abstract works here but I can feel da ghost town inside, personal choice.

Thanks to all da participating people, and after the voting part, some congrats for:
-"Atmosphere" from: Arteyo, raulfabi, daneril and Claw (painting with their hearth)
-3D "built on" from: CHAO5, Dront and VinsanityV20 (da threedy lovers)
-Big works but need "more finishin' touch" from: shanmatte30, whiteguardian, darkblast (My fav, they see big, like their attitude, and I'll come to kick your ass next time, great jobs guys!!! )
I hope I didn't forget anybody, and thanks to the "support guys" that always help with their constructives comments and push us in our work. You're on the comp' even if you're not there, they will recognize themselves .

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #25
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I'm with Chris_Solo. Popularity means nothing here; there's nothing to be gained by voting for someone for any reason other than you're a fan of their work. That's what I've always tried to vote for. Heck, I don't even know anyone else here in this competition because I've never done a digital painting comp before But even in the Game Art comp, I enter so randomly and infrequently that I couldn't remember many people if I tried, save for Big Toe.

But Chris_Solo definitely states everything better than I could, so again, I'll just say I'm with him.

But, not to be so negative, good work to everyone here! This was a really difficult decision.

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
I do like my digital painting, these images were great to look at. My honest decision.

1. Mitch-King, its the story telling for me on this one, an underground train managed to make it topside, how? for shelter? during a raid or war? just plain cool!

2. Boba_Bu, this is fresh and again looks very abadoned to me, perpective is a little funny to me but the painting technique and style is A grade!

3.Shanmatte, great atmosphere, normally i dislike black in my paintings but i think this is pulled it off, not a fan of characters in landscape paintings, but this is cool
Old 02-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
This thread is now closed; This month we will try a new way for picking winners, without public vote - we will judge them across the professional panel made from moderators and members of 3dtotal.

The results will be posted on february 15th.

Thank you!

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 02-02-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Closed Thread