>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Final Entries, Voting & Winners

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #16
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
shanmatte30

digitalinkmind

noundo
Old 04-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #17
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Only one I really really like. So hope it's okay to only take one.
1. digitalinkmind - looks great man
Old 04-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
digitalinkmind
mind traveller

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 7
1.Shaumatte30

2.Nuondo

2.Omegamista

Good luck people
Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #19
Dr.Rno

Hi felow digital painters....

I enjoyed watching all of your works here.... I must vote for those which attracted me....

1/ Shanmatte30, farther than the great painting and composition skills, it's the theme you've chose that makes the scene like "the one".... this lonely maya warrior contemplating what his ancesters have predicted seems to me like the spirit of what 2012 theory is about, so thanks for sharing this vision.....

2/ Digitalinkmind, I like the approach and the style.... like a, I don't think to know the word in english, "carnet de voyage" that meets a picture we could have seen in a different way in the front page of a dailynew.... composition of your painting really seems to fit in a dailynew, or a photoreporter in time of war, although there is no war left.... we can feel the loneliness, we can walk with your character... very great painting

3/ Washka (1st post) I liked the style, the tones, the colors you've chose.... it catches the eye cuz it's kind of a warm weirdness that emane from your pic..... I enjoyed....

Good luck
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Chris_solo

Omegamista

Washka - winder fire
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
1-hardtack: For me, this one is the most original, and I can feel the image.
Moreover I really needed some blue and some calm after all this yellow, red, fire, destruction, explosions, hate...and christmas colors are violent you know (Santa should be blue!), so I was kinda tired.
It's another vision of Armageddon and I like it.

2-shanmatte30: The one's big work, skills and technique, I really like the back's work and amazing details everywhere, congratulation!
Some critics about the theme, for me it's not really original knowing the last big movie about armageddon of this year "2012" (we've all seen the trailer all around the world) was talking about mayan doom... So I'm kinda laughting a bit about eyecon's lastword, even if I agree that the mayan theme is original, peace and love man!

3-chris_solo, the third place is always a fight for me, this time the opponent was strong and the choice was really hard, but he did some great job when I was thinking he couldn't do it. So it was quite a surprise for me that he could finish in time.
And I know his opponent, who did some big work too, could have gone further. So here I'm not rewarding the friend but the obstination.

I'm quite sad that we haven't more finals submissions for this comp, there were a lot of promising threads, and great artworks, but a lot of people didn't finished theirs...
Congratulation everybody for your work, but I'm a bit disapointed even if we could said it was endyear's party...

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
1-Shanmatte30
I like the theme very much! I liked the beginning of the painting. The back and muscles of the character were a good start but I expected a different ending on this beautiful picture ... perhaps few details, a render more important!
2-Nuondo
I like this picture very much for the effect of speed seized me, the blendind of blur and speed ... it almost looks like something filmed! this render impressed me. I regret that the character is not equal to all...
3-washka
make two pictures is already an achievement (especially for me
I already said what I thought about these images, and my vote is to recognize the soul of the artist and also his honesty.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #23
Orrin Hogan
Formerly DaddyOH

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''MOWED DOWN'' 
1 Shanmatte30
2 Digitalinkmind
3 omegamista
Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #24
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' 
Total Awards: 2
Smile

A HUGE THANKS TO....eyecon,Fbios,digitalinkmind,Dr.Rno,washka,ch ris_solo,
Orrin Hogan...

Thanks for your great support...
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 AM   #25
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' 
Smile

Here is my choice...

1.digitalinkmind

2.noundo

3.chris_solo

goodluck everyone...
Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #26
adamos
I`m Just Simple man

Send a message via Yahoo to adamos
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
digitalinkmind
shanmatte30

noundo
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #27
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
I'm really enjoying the fact that these aren't "speed" paintings anymore i'm too slow for that stuff
great work everyone
1. digitalinkmind - sooooo sweet.
2. shanmatte80 - only if you promise not to put such a fat picture up again.... making my lazy ass zoom out
3. Washka - gas mask guy
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
1 - Digitalinkmind
2 - Shanmatte30
3 - Chris_solo
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #29
TimWinkelman

My top 3:

1 shanmatte30
2 digitalinkmind
3 chris_solo
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
digitalinkmind
mind traveller

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 7
Talking

Many many many thanks :
TimWinkelman,MStandar,omegamista,adamos,shanmatte3 0,Orrin Hogan,Dr.Rno,kirgan,Fbios,Hardtack & Eyecon...Thank you very much people
Closed Thread