>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Final Entries, Voting & Winners

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #16
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
be the first

1) Fbios

2) Growl

3) Levus

4) armians

5) Martin_x
Old 01-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #17
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
1, Growl
2, Armians
3, JGavin
4, Fbios
5, Levus

Good job all!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #18
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
1. armians
2. Fbios
3. Growl
4. Levus
5. Warlock

Nice work all gentlemen.

The mysterious guy behind you...
Old 01-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #19
czacen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100 posts Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 03 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
excellent stuff this time.

1 growl
2 levus
3 armians
4 fbios
5 warlock 279

Machine Blog
Old 01-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #20
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
first : armians
second : Levus
third : Fbios

honorable mention: Growl - i had a hard time choosing between yours and fbios entry. I went for fbios in the end as I think the character design and richer colour pallette make it just that little bit more interesting.

we do only vote our top 3 right?

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #21
armians
wannabe artist

1. Growl
2. Fbios
3. Levus
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
1 Warlock 279 - like the idea of it
2 Insania - great concept, like the face paint
3 gauravcg - because of the massive improvement you have made throughout your wip
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
anima3d
teh nabcake

Send a message via Yahoo to anima3d
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 38 ''triped'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 52 ''It's our birthday'' 
Total Awards: 5
1. armians

2. Growl

3. Insania
Old 01-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #24
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Wow! some of the best entries I've seen in threedy low poly challenges.. Absolutely impressive!!

1 Armians - most complete entry and coolest!
2 Growl - cleanest model, high end stuff!
3 Fabios - great character design and execution

well done guys! and congrats to all who finished!

Last edited by pogimonz; 01-02-2010 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #25
Growl

Send a message via ICQ to Growl
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the  
Total Awards: 1
My god, really difficult to choose best artworks. But here is my top)
1st place to Fbios, his model is very interesting and made in steam punk style
2nd place to armians. The model is really great, I like the color theme and style. Honestly it was really hard decision. If I be able I'll give 1st place to this work too
3d place to Levus. Great design and modeling.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #26
gauravcg
Tessellated....

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
1-Armians
2-Tarik2d
3-Fbios
4-Growl
5-Levus

anyways good luck to all the entrants......

Low Poly Props (Updated)

Old 01-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #27
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
1. Growl
2. Armians
3. Levus

4. Martin_x
5. JGavin
Old 01-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #28
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
very difficult to chose this time ... but:

1. Armians (thanks for the small tut)
2. Warlock 279 (great original idea)
3. Insania (love the character)

For myself I promise to do better in the next comp...
Greetz Roel
Old 01-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
InTheClue

Iv watched these 3dtotal contest for quite some time and always.The voting seems unfair.
It looks to be more of a popularity contest.The post below is one from GA that I pasted here
and changed up the name walrus to someone of similar rank
here on 3d total so the point can be conveyed correctly to everyone :

Right now the best voting system in all forums is Game Artisans. Why there are
many reasons to that to me hidden votes allowed you to vote anyone’s
entry which soothe your eye instead of following other
peoples likes or dislike,

What I means is if I know which persons Freespace-3DT voted, the first thing
strikes to my mind is that Freespace-3DT is a senior Indeed his
taste of choice will be purely professional and hence instead of
what I like the most I will likely to follow Freespace-3DT votes. And if somehow I don’t followed Freespace-3DT vote
my first impression will be
that I will check those entries first which Freespace-3DT voted
then even think of going and checking other entries
thus somehow visible voting to my opinion
is not much a fair game

Thus are more advantages to hidden voting

I know im going to get flamed for this but I know im not alone.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #30
jnumber9

hello. to be honest, most of the authors dont even understand what steampunk is. (so as I). I decided to vote basing on equality of steampunk\quality of modeling.

1) Growl - nice detaling, and the character really looks like steampunk art - he suits in the clothes of the age when that artstyle was developed (so his clothes are modern and stylysh)
2) armians - very good modeling, close to steampunk and fresh idea - the alien creature trying to adopt a new world.
3) Levus - good modeling, close to style, but the textures a bit blurry.
Closed Thread