>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Final Entries, Voting & Winners

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #31
kleber3ds

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 5
fantastic work guys!

1) Longhi

2) mastein

3) Stoneking

Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #32
InTheClue

Iv watched these 3dtotal contest for quite some time and always.The voting seems unfair.
It looks to be more of a popularity contest.The post below is one from GA that I pasted here
and changed up the name walrus to someone of similar rank
here on 3d total so the point can be conveyed correctly to everyone :

Right now the best voting system in all forums is Game Artisans. Why there are
many reasons to that to me hidden votes allowed you to vote anyone’s
entry which soothe your eye instead of following other
peoples likes or dislike,

What I means is if I know which persons Freespace-3DT voted, the first thing
strikes to my mind is that Freespace-3DT is a senior Indeed his
taste of choice will be purely professional and hence instead of
what I like the most I will likely to follow Freespace-3DT votes. And if somehow I don’t followed Freespace-3DT vote
my first impression will be
that I will check those entries first which Freespace-3DT voted
then even think of going and checking other entries
thus somehow visible voting to my opinion
is not much a fair game

Thus are more advantages to hidden voting\

I know im going to get flamed for this but I know im not alone.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #33
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
IntheClue:
I agree with you in 1 point. The vote could be secret.
But not cuz someone else vote will influence other votes...
In my opinion, people have to "think with their own head".
If someone is really influenced by others vote, well....i´m sorry about then.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #34
DE3MOHD

Send a message via ICQ to DE3MOHD
I agree with you. Voting is not fair and sometimes looking stupid.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #35
Dront

I agree with you InTheClue. Remove the public vote even if it´s just an indication for the judges and change it so that it´s just a unbiased judging panel who decides.
This will also speed up the voting process.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #36
GMGraham

1. Wasco
2. Mastien
3. Stoneking
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #37
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
InTheClue - I must agree with you...I don't think that's the most "right" way to do a voting, but sincerely, I don't think that this is should be took so seriously.
It's popular vote you know...I mean, every popular vote sistem has cheats and etc, and not always the best win. the popular should win, because its popular vote
I agree with Mariano too, people should vote with his own head, but sometimes can look like, if I don't vote for my friend, he'll be angry at me...hahahahah

Well, secret is a good way to keep things more "neutral"...
so
this is my 2cents.

Anyways, this challenges are good to keep sculpting and have fun.
No big deal about winning or losing. Let's sculpt, study and get better day after day. =D
Cheers
www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #38
GMGraham

I agree with Longhi, these challenges only make us better, I come here to push myself to do better, not to win stuff.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #39
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
mastein +1
Old 01-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #40
anima3d
teh nabcake

Send a message via Yahoo to anima3d
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 38 ''triped'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 52 ''It's our birthday'' 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dront View Post
...This will also speed up the voting process.
Since theres no other reason that bublic voting came, just to speed things up, i have to agree that changing the current system sounds good and fair enough.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #41
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by anima3d View Post
Since theres no other reason that bublic voting came, just to speed things up, i have to agree that changing the current system sounds good and fair enough.
change the dam system plzz. yea its good for building skill but if voting is involved then have a good system, thats all.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #42
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi Everybody!
Just to give my 2 cents,
I agree till a certain point,
I feel really honored to see my name been voted,
Words cannot describe how happy i am with this,
And wy am i saying this?
Just because i cannot be a "popular" person in here because that's my
first contest, i'm new to this forum, and the only posts i have made in this forum was in this contest threads, so i'm really honored because i feel the votes was honest and because they liked the sculpture, since no one here, that voted, had ever heard of me before,
Just my 2 cents
Best regards and good luck to all
Fernando

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 01-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
Stoneking - for sure Fernando. I agree 100% with you...and you deserve a lot of votes....unfortunately I've been seeing the popular stuff around not just this forum, but others one too.
I was not participating for the past challenges, but I was always checking the good stuff...we had several good models not beeing voted, and others one beeing voted by the mainstream.

so, I gave my 2 cents, and now I'm off to work.

Well, congrats 3dtotal staff for the great forum you have here, all this challenges are exciting to see and participate.
I hope I can see this more and more.

now My votes.

1 - stoneking - I liked the idea, concept and the traditional feeling of the sculpture...I just think you need to get more confortable with zbrush and you'll be kicking some ass around the world. Congrats my friend.

2 - mclean - great concept so far. I loved the design and would like to see it completed and for the hole body. Nice expressions!

3 - mastein - Hey Mariano, I really digg the presentation of the model. The final render is awesome, great choice of perspective. Like I said to you before, there're some things about anatomy that I don't like at all, but great stuff.

---
Carbon-3 - man, great style...I loved the way that you pushed the digital clay, reminds me a lot of shifflett brothers sculpture style! I wish I could see this finished. The only thing is proportions...If you re-work on this and change a little would be my fav so far.

Best Regards from Brazil folks!
www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #44
Bruno.Melo

Send a message via MSN to Bruno.Melo
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Futuristic Soldier'' was featured on the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 7
My votes:
1 - Longui
2 - Mastein
3 - Stoneking

Congratz all!
Good Luck
Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #45
tiagodmed
Creative Director

Send a message via MSN to tiagodmed
My votes: