>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest Headlines

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
Amr-3DT
Administrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 4
Post Softimage XSI 7

Avid announces Softimage XSI 7.

Quote:
XSI 7 introduces ICE (Interactive Creative Environment), a groundbreaking technology that transforms XSI from just another 3D product into a powerful and flexible open platform. ICE greatly improves collaboration between artists and technical directors, allowing them to create custom tools and effects visually, see the results interactively, and do it all without scripting, or writing a line of code. Effects built or modified in ICE are performance tuned and multi-threaded, so they perform at maximum efficiency across all available processors.

XSI 7 will be available before September 30, 2008. All purchases of XSI from July 1st, 2008 will be upgraded to XSI 7 for FREE when it ships. Don't wait!
More details: http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/
Attached Images

Amr-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
haveatit

But they've abandoned XSI Foundation! From the best (entry level) product they are now priced in the ridiculous. Shame I say.
haveatit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
owei

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveatit View Post
But they've abandoned XSI Foundation! From the best (entry level) product they are now priced in the ridiculous. Shame I say.
...yes...why donīt they sell this high tec software for 50 bucks?? Well...perhaps they have to earn money...?!?
If you want software for free, go with blender...if you are student, go with a student license..if you are professional an investment about 3k in my eyes is not much...the fnd has been around since version 4....and it was sold far under price..! Keep that in mind...softimage did enough with distributing a very good software at that price...

The update conditions from fnd to ess or adv are very interesting...
owei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
grafixsuz

I was incorrect with my statements, sorry guys for the misleading info.

Last edited by grafixsuz; 12-07-2008 at 04:42 AM..
grafixsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
owei

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafixsuz View Post
Unless you live in Japan. The upgrade price alone is over $4000.00 from Foundation to Essentials, and if I wanted to get a full version I am looking almost twice that again.

Over $10,000.00 for advance.

They forced me out of this one as an independent illustrator, I cannot afford that. Oh well, I still have 5.11, that should see me through for a while yet.
until 31.9.2008..
-Upgrade to XSI 7 Essentials Windows* $995 euro 630
-Upgrade to XSI 7 Advanced Windows* $2495 euro 1600

This is what foundation users in Germany received via mail...donīt know in wich country you live but have you checked the store http://store.softimage.com/store/tek9.asp

Price for essentail is about 3300 $ ...thatīs what I found...
owei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row 
Total Awards: 11
Looking forward to that, it's going to be a kick ass product.
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
grafixsuz

Once again, my info was way off guys, sorry again for the misinformation.

Last edited by grafixsuz; 12-07-2008 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: Wrong and misleading statements made, sorry!
grafixsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #8
grafixsuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by owei View Post
until 31.9.2008..
-Upgrade to XSI 7 Essentials Windows* $995 euro 630
-Upgrade to XSI 7 Advanced Windows* $2495 euro 1600

This is what foundation users in Germany received via mail...donīt know in wich country you live but have you checked the store http://store.softimage.com/store/tek9.asp

Price for essentail is about 3300 $ ...thatīs what I found...
Dude you are correct on that one! I will have to ask the modes to delete my posts. Sorry guys!