>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 18-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #61
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Total Awards: 2
AO is bassically a way of simulating the appearance of global illumination shadows. Good going Shadow Wolf it is coming along nicely. The rocks look a bit basic at the moment as well as the closer plants, both need some more detail imo, however with your current polycount that may be tough. Hope you figure out how to render this scene.
Old 18-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #62
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
yeh thats why I am aiming for materials, the plants all have alpha maps, so the mesh of the leafs can be very simple, for the rocks I am trying some normal maps for now, but probably the are going to be sculpt, I am trying to figure out a way hehe.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #63
strict9
xyz to uv YO

i'll stop lurking this thread and post a reply.
this is getting better and better.
1 thing ....she appears to be walking but theres a wall right behind here.....was she waiting for someone at the wall?...........ignore me if i'm talking rubbish.
once again:great model
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #64
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
hehe not at all, that is a wall, but it wont be a wall, it will be som kind of ruined sanctuary
Old 19-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #65
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
I'm liking the direction you're going! The foliage is starting to really come together, too. I'm not big on her armor design, but I can't pick out why besides that it's personal preference.

Keep going!
Old 19-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #66
RockstarKate
Maxaholics Anonymous

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
I really like the scene too. The one thing that has been bugging me about her for awhile is the pose. It seems so stiff and unnatural to me. I'm caught between whether she's supposed to be walking or standing. The legs say walking, but the arms and hands say standing still. Also, if she is walking, then how are those vines connecting to the ground?
RockstarKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #67
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the crits guy, I dont think that this must be the final pose, what I am aiming is a standing pose the branches comming from the ground to her hands, any ideas to change the position of the legs, are most welcome.
Old 19-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #68
RockstarKate
Maxaholics Anonymous

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I will share with you a hidden gem:
http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/

It's primarily in japanese, but if you click on any pose, you can rotate it around and see how it looks from different angles. There are so many poses! I'd say, pick one with the feet planted firmly on the ground. Also go for something with some twist to the body- an angled hip would add so much to the pose. Something asymmetrical.
Old 19-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #69
RockstarKate
Maxaholics Anonymous

Awards Showcase
Here are some good ones:
pose
pose2
Old 20-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #70
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
wow nice references!

Thanks a lot!! its a real gem!!!

here are some pose changes

Old 21-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #71
HansKa

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Awesome work man. Really looking forward to see more of this
Hope you get the rendering sorted out, I have no tips for you there, sorry ^^

*edit* Hmm... interesting pose ^^ It looks cool, but it looks kinda unnatural. Why is she standing like that? Looks like she's balancing herself over a thin plank. My advice would be make her hold a weapon, and have her relax over it. Or maybe put her in a combat stance or something?

Good luck with the rest!

Last edited by HansKa; 21-03-2008 at 12:37 AM..
HansKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #72
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
hi there! been some time, busy with other work projects.

here are some updates, trying to find another scene setup, here are more branches comming, and the "energy force" pulling the grass aside.

ps.lol imageshack was offline so imageupload here hehe)

and AO pass

Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #73
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Hey Shadow Wolf good to see you are still working on this, to me she looks a tiny bit off balance btw as she is leaning backwards. I may be wrong, what do other people think?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #74
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
I know about this issue, but I hope it will disapear cause I am planning to make the branches hold her in mid-air. (yep there will be more branches)

soon I will post an update with a better quality render, that last one @%$@#& hehe
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #75
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
hi there new render =]

AO

Tags
body, elf, fantasy, female, girl