>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 08-06-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: roducing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 4
Elven Woman *Mild Nudity*

UPDATED: July 7, 2008

Yes, yet another armor clad, sword toting fantasy female...

I'm trying for an atypical portrayal of a well known archetype. 90% of the elf type creatures out there look very similar to humans, I wanted to break that mold a little. I'm hoping for some measure of beauty, while making a memorable character.

More to the point, it really was time for me to start working with organics. I've not had much success in the past, but I've alot more passion for fantasy than cars. This will most likely, and hopefully, be a very long project. (don't let me quit, lol.) That said, I will greatly appreciate any crits, comments, rants, and dancing bananas that you have to offer. Software is uniformly C4D. (zbrush someday, sigh.)

You may notice the thus far lack of nudity. It's an eventuality, figured I'd save the mods the trouble. (Sides, it never hurts a topic's number of views...)
Attached Images

Last edited by parleee; 08-07-2008 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Updated thumbnail.
parleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
moley

I really like what you have so far, I'm not too sure about the little 'tip' you have on the nose, doesn't look quite right to me. I love what you have done with the ears, they are great and it looks like they flow into your geometry really well. Keep going with what you are doing but just be wary of those tris on the brow.
moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: roducing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
So here we are, more screengrabs.

I'm really trying to get my anatomy right here. I'm not going for an extremely "muscled" approach, rather a more elegant, graceful look if possible. So please, tell me what to change if needed. I still have quite a bit of detailing to do, need to define the ribs, navel, and underarm a little more. Not too sure about the back at the moment.

moley: Thanks for the crit. As to those tris, I'm working as a symmetry at the moment, I'll merge them into a single quad once done.

Please critic and whatever else you do!
Attached Images

Old 15-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
hey Parleee! looks like you have a pretty solid start! I would say that the face needs more work. In my opinion it needs to be thinner and the jaw line should be defined more.
That and the face overall needs to be smoothed out. Looking good though! Keep those updates coming.
jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Jeremiah_Bigely: Thanks for the comment.

I've continued with the torso, while reworking a few spots. I've also widened the ribcage by a few inches, and tweaked the face a tad. Not really happy with the arms, trickier than they look. The backside still needs serious tweaking, but I'll get to that.

Please crit.
Attached Images

Old 22-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Small update.

Please tell me what you think.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
A little more work. Close to done with the body, though I see I've quite a bit of tweaking yet. I realize that the groin needs some attention, and I'm not too sure about the scapula. Please tell me what you think.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
tolae
CG Generalist

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
Looking really good. Proportions look good. You did a really great job on the hands and feet. I really like the face also. The way the nose looks is really cool. Keep it up.

Portfolio: http://www.jonmcarter.com
tolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #9
RockstarKate
Maxaholics Anonymous

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
This reference might help you:

Female anatomy (Nudity)

More (Nudity)

The part that stands out as needing the most work to me is the shoulder/neck area. The shoulders look quite hunched now and the arms are connected very low down on the torso.
RockstarKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #10
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
hey first I would like to say: nice work parlee!!!

I think the head, legs, arms, back, hands and feet, are looking amazing!!

but I think that there are some parts a bit weird on the torso, here is some advice (sorry to paint over your model).

Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #11
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the comments. I reduced the shoulder area by about 25% and moved the arms up a bit. Plus a bunch of general tweaking. Seeing any improvements?
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #12
moley

You might want to try widening the hips a bit, they are usually at least as wide as the shoulders on the outside of the leg, sometimes even more.
moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:16 AM   #13
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
besides what moley said, its awesome! nice improvements!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #14
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
I think the hips need to be wider. They are looking like male hips because they don't have enough curve to them. Her calves need to be thicker as well.

You know I am not sur if the hips need to be wider maybe just the legs seem really skinny.
Good work though man.
jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah_Bigley View Post
I think the hips need to be wider. They are looking like male hips because they don't have enough curve to them. Her calves need to be thicker as well.

You know I am not sur if the hips need to be wider maybe just the legs seem really skinny.
Good work though man.
Thank you for the comments. They are much appreciated. As to the hips, don't want to sound like an excuse, but I had intended both the hips arms and legs to be narrow and thin. I realized that the hips were much narrower than normal for a human woman, but this is not a being often suited for child bearing, so i figured wide hips were unnecessary. It could be too much so though, I'll work on it some more.

Thanks again.

Tags
armor, elf, fantasy, sword, woman