>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 24-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #46
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks VersionThirst, great details on your manty head! I took a primitive zbrush sphere and armor are extractions subtools.

Last edited by chris_solo; 24-05-2009 at 09:41 PM..
chris_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #47
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Ohh... Hay!

Here's Pickles part two. Good work guys keep it coming.

Name:  Pickles_02.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  174.8 KB
Old 25-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #48
seth.nash

ello, this is my first post and first entry into any form of competition.

I have chosen 3D total because of all the inspiration that I have drawn from the making of articles and such.

I have been learning Zbrush since around the time of the first DWIV mini challenge so I guess nearly three months now.

Anyways here's something that I was playing with tonight. A horned Lizard called astrabell, he's the familiar to a norm Invoker, haven't really thought much beyond that yet. Not even sure if this is the right idea but my 2D sucks quite badly so I'm just throwing a few concepts up in Zbrush.

I'm just beginning to define the nose and eyes a little better at this point.

I'm thinking about a werebadger as a posibility too, but I have no idea how to go about fur....yet

anyways more tomorrow.

cheers
seth
Attached Images

seth.nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #49
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
oh god yes, more nipples monte

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #50
mrpeculiar

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 009 Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Won on Speed Animation challanges ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band' Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won  
Total Awards: 7
Right .....ive got my 100th post out of the way .......i need to enter this comp .......thought i might do mauros pet ...hehe ......allthough im not sure my hard surface modeling skills are up to the level to do it justice ..........

lets see how we go
mrpeculiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #51
seth.nash

updates yay!

Had a chance to have a think now, and this is Lucy she's a invocation familiar, a recepticle for energy to be used by her owner at a later date, sort of like a scaly battery pack

Spent a couple of hours on her this morning, and beginning to feel really limited by the number of points that this machine can handle...super clunky at 2.6 mill, go does anyone have any advice on how to better deal with that other than poly grouping and hiding half the piece?

I'm knocking the symetry out of the piece now, hence the right looking more detailed than the left
Attached Images

Old 25-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #52
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Hey hey Guys. This pet theme sounds pretty cool. I began working on "Ebizorie". Here is the base mesh, made of zspheres, and a rough sculpt. Still needs tweaks and detailing. I decided to cut some arms, maybe it was giving the impression of showing more than 45%. Anyways this is Ebizorie so far, I hope you like it.

By the way great job everyone so far with the pets. Keep it up
Attached Images

Old 26-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #53
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
"Princess Pickles" Update #3

Hey all. SO here's tonight's helping. Having fun with this one. Still got a ways to go before it's done though. Great stuff from all of you.

Seth.Nash -- Nice idea. As to the memory issue, I'm really not sure waht to suggest, other than checking your basemesh has no wasted loops. You could potentially simplify certain, unseen parts and then reproject. Otherwise, I think you'll just have to live with it.

Name:  Pickles_04b.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  176.5 KB
Old 26-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #54
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Talking Pose

Alright.... Got a couple more hours in now.
I guess I'm making him into a flying squirrel
type character. Gonna mount the book on his
back soon. Got him posed so no I'm gonna go in
and work some detail. He looks big but they are
only about 4 feet long compared to me gate demons
32 ft frame.
Attached Images

Old 26-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #55
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Talking Little more detail

Started working on the skin... trying to get that
burning flesh thing going on.. Really attempting to get
a feel of thin layer on skin wrapped tightly around the
muscle. Got a little way to go still.. Inside of the mouth..
havent touched the hands yet... Harness for his book..
That type of thing....
Attached Images

Old 26-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #56
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
seth.nash-Not sure what type of machine ur
using but try this.

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_pape...ows-vista.html

U shouldnt be slowing down at 2 mil polys though...
any other apps running in the background?
Old 26-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #57
seth.nash

morning all, spent most of last night working on subtool base meshes ( that still arent working when I import them but that's what a lack of experience with maya can do for you ) for Lucy so not much to show sculpting wise I hope to get more done tonight.

thanks for the help with the memory issues monte and polysmooth, I'm running on nothing better than a 300 laptop at the moment so I'm not expecting the best results. I think that I can save a few poly's by re-working the basemesh though (never thought of looking at it from that way, daft as that seems) but I dont think that I have any more memory to unlock

great work with the pieces guys, I love the tension in the straps with your's monte. And I think that the stretched skin look will be perfect for a "hellspawn" Polysmooth.

anyway, the day-job calls...later.
Old 26-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #58
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
What platform are you running on your laptop? If Vista, you could get a Readyboost enabled memory stick, (6) and upgrade your memory allowance that way. If XP, oh well.
Old 26-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #59
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
BTW, is it me, or have most people forgotten that DW is still going on? This thread is soooo quiet.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 26-05-2009 at 02:08 PM..
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #60
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
BTW, is it more, or have most people forgotten that DW is still going on? This thread is soooo quiet.
Yeah, tis quiet ... hmm. I gave it a front page plug this morning on 3DTotal so hopefully that should kick-start some new viewers/participants. Great to see you in this challenge Monte! Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, too - not long to go now: sculpt people, sculpt!

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote