>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Game Art

Old 17-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
Total Awards: 2
thanks guys.

i have build the low poly, then i will unwrap the uv and do some Normalmap test.
LemonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #17
maria111

thats really cool.Your hand is very sharp i can understand this.
Old 20-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #18
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
Total Awards: 1
Interesting. I feel like the softness of the clothing is conflicting with the hard angular shapes of the face and hands.
yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
i have got a problem, i divide half UV, in order to get the high quality texture,
but when i get the Normal map, there is a seam that i can not fix, i have tried many ways, but i fail.

Now i turn to get the whole UV but lose some quality, if i find a solution to fix this i will make another one

would anybody help me? thanks very much
Attached Images

Old 22-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #20
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wow, really great. This is my favorite so far, which is saying something coz there are some really awesome entries in this competition. Looking forward to the finished product. Someone else said to tone down the sharp edges. I disagree. Turn it up if anything

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
LemonW

Awards Showcase
the final shot

i have adjust the textures for several days, and now i post it here
i wish u like it
Attached Images

Old 25-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #22
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Cool man. Neat textures.. Furthered the style . Cap and pipe are also awesome.

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #23
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
awesome finish! There are a few things that bother me about the design, but i guess it all ties together in the end. Good luck!
Old 26-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #24
LemonW

Awards Showcase
thanks hulahuga and Raul .

and Raul, could you tell me what do you think about the design, i wanna know what you guys feel, and i could notice it and fix it next time.

i am hopeful to dicuss the design, the shape with others, it could help me a lot. And we live in different evironments, i am desire to learn anything from U. it is wonderful, i think.
Old 26-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #25
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
I think the anatomy is pretty classic, so your good on that. ( big bulky hero, with tiny legs. I like that! ) But then u got the fingers and everything soooo squared, at 1st i thought u had artifacts on your normal map but then i realized that it was in fact the way its sculpted.

Im not a character artist, or a concept artist, but those are the observations i can make. And i think brining it down a bit may help soften a lot of a things that look odd.

The clothing looks very soft and wrinkly compared to how hard the body parts look like. Tone down the wrinkles perhaps?

I honestly wouldnt try to fix things in this model, the deadline is closing by anyway. Just something to keep in mind for the next model.
Old 26-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #26
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Thanks you for your suggests,Raul. The fingers i wanna make it square in the original design, but maybe too sharp, i will notice these details next time.
And maybe the cloth, if i sculpt it make the body style is easier to put the both things together, more like a figure style. thank you a lot.

now i am composing the winning pic. Maybe i will post it here tomorrow.
Old 26-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #27
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
That is just incredible! Love what you've creating, such an amazing stylized version
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #28
LemonW

Awards Showcase
I have got a question, about the winning pose sheet. is it allow me to put a background and do some PS adjustment? For example, adjust the curve and the brightness?
Old 26-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #29
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
I'd say the hands have a bit to many hard edges on top of them...
I like the squarish feeling on the palm and fingers, but on the upside it looks like to much. YOu could have flattened it and added a streak of hair texture or whatever

WIP
Old 28-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #30
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Way cool final! The pose is so frrigging brutal.

WIP