>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Game Art

Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 1
Eric-Indiana Jones-Ridley Jacobs

This is my first competition in this forum. I am very excited to get started and look forward to seeing everyones work. Think I am going to do a traditional younger mountaineer version of Indiana with some updated styling. A little bit of a late start but can be done. Good luck to everyone. Here is an early concept for now, but have to move on soon.
Attached Images

ebitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Welcome to the fourms, nice enough concept sketch, looking forward to more
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Thanks for the welcome Chunkymunky. Will be posting some updates soon. Are you participating in this contest at all?
Old 14-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Nooooooo! I'm not good enough lol
Old 15-04-2010, 02:38 AM   #5
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Ridley_WIP

Started zbrushing out my character getting basic proportions down for the clothing. Not going for a muscle bound character but a rather fit one. Only visible portions of the character will be the head, hands, lower arms and a little chest. Head will be most important part of this sculpt as well as the hands at this stage. I will use this model with a little higher res to begin building the clothing geometry in Maya.
Attached Images

Old 15-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Good start with the sculpt so far, don't see anything overly problematic with it so far, it's early days.
Old 16-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Ridley_WIP2

Ok, alot more done with the sculpt. Really concentrating on anatomy. Never used the claytubes brush too much but with this project it is really helping me to define my muscles and where they are and how they originate and insert to each other. Using alot of reference online. Comments welcome.
Attached Images

Old 16-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Body is looking very good indeed, the head and face needs alot more work as i'm sure you're aware, the upper chest area seems a little pinched and too small, but the lower abdomen area arms and legs are looking excellent
Old 19-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Now that you have mentioned that about the chest I can see it Thanks. Ya the head still needs a lot of work. Havn't been able to work on it in the last couple of days but I have been working on the gun and some other items as well. Love the Decimation master. Allows me to bring in a accurate representation of my sculpt to begin placing elements. Will post some updates soon. Thanks again for your comments. They are always welcome.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
ebitz

Awards Showcase
RidleyJacobs_WIP3

OK I've managed to do some corrections. It's 5am. Yeah, anyway, I think I've fixed the chest. I also fixed the arms. The forearm was a little to long compared to the upper superior arm. I also started working on the face some more. Funny thing happened while using the transform tools and I flattened my hands and feet. Not good. Spent a lot of time repairing the damage. . Time for bed. Please comments welcome, but I have to move on Deadline approaching quickly.
Attached Images

Old 19-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Looking alot better in the chest area, abs are looking great and the shoulder baldes to better defined and smooth too