>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Game Art

Old 16-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Cordero - Indiana Jones - Stan

Hi all!

Finally have some time to work a bit more.
I have this idea in my head, Stan:
Master of disguise, who is trying to spy on an ancient tribe deep in the Jungle. He managed to find the tribe successfully, and now, he tries to find out, where do they keep their Gifts to the Gods... After spending a few days in the nearby lake, disguising himself as a fish, he now tries other ways to find the secret place of great goods!

He of course have some talent in hiding himself in almost any environment, will he be able to spy on the greatest treasures of all?
Well, we will see whether if his skills will be enough for this job, or not...

Thats for the warm up! I will now try to model a next gen character instead of lowpoly stuff. I'm not sure about the details now for this character, but i'm sure they will come up eventually.
I'm starting with the naked draw of the character, and i'll give the equipment now.
That stuff on the top of his head is a fish head

I hope you like it, stay tuned!

note: if you didn't see my previous entry, please take a look here: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75029
Leave your reply if you can, so i can get better
Attached Images

Old 16-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Final concept.

The bag will be full with all kinds of stuff.. bread, map, flashlight etc.
I'll model also a "harpoon gun", i don't know what is the proper name for it I'll also add lots of different kind of alga, and snails on the guy.. considering he was underwater for a long time, he must have some kind of stuff stick to his clothes
I'll do the lowpoly mesh now.

Hope you like it!
Crits are most welcome!
Attached Images

Old 17-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Next update.
Working on the low poly right now.
I still have a lot to do until the final low poly mesh.
Attached Images

Old 17-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Final low poly, with uvw maps done.

This time i didn't mirrored everything on the character
I might add later little snails or something, so i spared some uvw space here and there.
And maybe i'll modify the proportions a little bit.

I hope you like it
Attached Images

Old 17-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Oh, and i'm at 8424 tris now. Any idea what to do with the rest?
Old 17-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Looking good
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Thanks Chunkymunky! I hopy you like the update too

I started this character 20 hours ago, this is where i'm at now.

What do you think about it?
Attached Images

Old 18-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Cordero

Awards Showcase
i'm not gonna finish this character, but i post here where i stopped.
I hope you like it.

c&c are welcome
Attached Images

Old 19-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
So far so good, it will be so much better when you get some light on him, at the moment it's too dark.
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
C2theG

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
Looks good Nice UV layout.
C2theG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ah, great work man, congratulations,
I like this one more then Eric,
The proportions are looking great,
I can imagine what you will be able to do
with you render skills

Cheers and good luck man!

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
gauravcg
Tessellated....

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
cool and different....keep it coming!

Low Poly Props (Updated)

gauravcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Thanks Chunkymunky! Yeah, you are right, its too dark. I'll pay attention to that in my next projects.

Thanks C2theG! Most of the time i pay a lot attention to the uvw maps. I'm glad you noticed!

Hey Fernando! I hope you can join in the upcoming challenge! We missed you this time
I think you are right. It looks better than Eric, but i think i was forced to use more skill in the Eric project, than this.
And i also did this character under 24 hours, if i remember correctly. I was curious, how far can i get with no sleep Unfortunately i was discouraged at the end, and i haven't finished him.

gauravcg: thanks
Old 30-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
I like this one as well, you have a specific style!!! so, ongoing!