>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
PrimalOrB

Send a message via MSN to PrimalOrB
Mini Dodge Viper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaeVNVg_giY (watch in HQ, i like that new-ish YouTube feature)

Not a huge project, but took a few hours yesterday to put this together, and I think it turned out pretty well so I figured I would share it

Enjoy, C&C if you have some please!

Thanks

process
Take Footage from Fuji Finepix S5200
Stabilize and export to image sequence in Combustion
Import image sequence into Maya and match camera move
Animate car model and test render
Un-Stabilize scene in Combustion w/ car attached
Render Full colour car-shadow-reflection layers
Colour correct, and add grain in Combustion
Final Render
Attached Images

Last edited by PrimalOrB; 02-09-2008 at 12:18 PM..
PrimalOrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Dragosh89_BZ

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragosh89_BZ
Ahahaha That's awesome... Mini Viper drifting on a bedroom floor. Killer XD. You should find a way to add sound to that .
Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
madm4tt
Designer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Well Done Man!!! May be I would have blurred a little bit, the reflection on the floor :-)

P.S.: sorrry for my english...

Bye
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
PrimalOrB

thanks for the replys guys, glad you like it!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
avishek

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Fantastic. Good work.

==========================
Circa1850
Colour Pencils
Old House
avishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Hehe I liked it to
Reflections on the floor were just about right I think, though something seems off on the first second or so as its coming up to the camera.

The only thing I could suggest, is to lower the reflection on the toy car itself.

But, a really nice well done composition

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Cool! You should really do more of these, maybe a race between two cars through your house. How cool would that be?

How efficient did you find the Maya camera matcher to be? Because the 3dsmax camera matching tool is garbage.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
PrimalOrB

didnt have much luck with the Maya Live, it never really understood the perspecitve correctly, so i had better results stabilizing it in combustion and then matching the camera sideways movement and rotation, easier than the entire camera match

in the first bit the issue is probably the shadow flickers or something for a second, couldnt figure it out, but honeslty didnt spend too much time on it, lol

thanks for C&C guys, id love to do some larger res ones, but my camera only does 640x480, dont wanna stretch it, so ill see what i can do, it was fun tho
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
640/480 should be fine, just make something longer And add sounds. It's also great practice.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
Wilbert

Did you use the hidden production shaders in Maya or just went the "traditional" way? Movie looks great btw.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #11
PrimalOrB

i made all my own shaders if thats what u mean?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #12
Wilbert

What I meant was this http://mentalraytips.blogspot.com/20...asures-of.html Don't know if you're familiar with this, but I found very useful.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote