>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The Concept Art Challenge

Old 11-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 4
ignacio197 - Sea Creatures - Loboctupus

First time I join one of this. I decided to have a go at it just for the fun of it

Here are some reference photos I used, my pencil/ink sketch, and my first photoshop sketch. My monster its a mixture of things in these photos. I like the skin tone and texture of the blue octopus photo. I might try and use it in my image.

I hope I will have the time to develop this further before the end of next week! I have no idea where its going or what to do with it .....
Attached Images

Last edited by ignacio197; 11-02-2012 at 04:43 PM..
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
I like were thi i going, what kinda of colors are you thinking of with this one?
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
i really like that blue oct... in the picture.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Im not 100% sure. The plan is to make the legs as the blue octopus. As for the rest, I still need to decide. Hopefully today I will be able to update it. I also need to add some other features, and make its face
Old 13-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Here goes an update.

I need to come up with a face/head. Otherwise, Im finishing up details and trying some colour now ....
Attached Images

Old 14-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Nice stuff, if there is a directive lighting top right, maybe try to light right shoulder to make volumes pop out?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Playing around with colour and trying to come up with a background.
Attached Images

Old 19-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Final Post

Here is my final post. This is as far as I was able to get.

I attach:

- The page with some of the images (photos) I used as reference.

- Several pages showing the development of the creature. Tones and colour development.

- Construction layout of the creature. Front, back and side.

- Final image.

Attached Images

Last edited by ignacio197; 19-02-2012 at 08:35 AM..