>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 29-10-2006, 02:44 AM   #16
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
or, you can use the cylindrical map option, make sure the seams is turned on, I like thick seams. Then you want to rotate the gizmo so that the seam goes down the back of the head. After that just unwrap.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #17
TheWinterLord
Reretsiged Uesr

WIP

what ya think? and um she is not wearing her armour right now...
TheWinterLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 02:22 AM   #18
defaultalias
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to defaultalias
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
a wire would help us critique on the actuall mesh, but right now everythings looking ok except for the hand and texture on the leg armor. try to stay away from photoshop filters. on the hands, try to model them in a more natural pose, as right now they look totaly flat, hands are actually curved some.

Last edited by defaultalias; 02-11-2006 at 09:40 PM..
defaultalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #19
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
M1897-Trenchgun

Here is a weapon i'm doing for a "company of heroes" mod. triscount 170. 512x512 texture, 512x512 bump, no specmap so far
clay:

clay_bumpmap:

texture_bumpmap_defaultspecmap:

Last edited by RHedendahl; 31-10-2006 at 01:48 PM..
RHedendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #20
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
update..
Old 03-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #21
palp
3d rookie

here's my 2 cents worth:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42377707/
palp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #22
KamenRider

Hanamichi Sakuragi

This is Hanamichi Sakuragi from the Takehiko Inoue's manga, Slam Dunk.
The texture is not finished yet, I will look for a time to finish it.
If I have a time, maybe I will program a little game using it.

KamenRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
jec1183

KamenRider- Make sure when you render out an image that you want to be a jpg that the setting is set up to be the highest quality because right now your images are very blurry. This only occurs when you let the quality of the jpegs drop while rendering.
jec1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #24
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #25
TheWinterLord
Reretsiged Uesr

Just a smll game Im Working on. Yes her sledgehammer texture is not working.

But its been really nice working on it, gotten a lot of experience from this.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 AM   #26
MattyG

hey what software are you using for game design? I use gamemaker a bit but its only for 2d games, or are u just like plugging it into a game engine like half life.
MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #27
Hirokugawa

Here's my own progress (Have a WIP going in the organic section)
Even though, yes, I know it isn't really organic

My demon puppet

Normal mapping is being done now

Hirokugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #28
TheWinterLord
Reretsiged Uesr

Quote:
hey what software are you using for game design? I use gamemaker a bit but its only for 2d games, or are u just like plugging it into a game engine like half life.
Matty, what you are seeing is in Renderware, a engine used to make games like gta 3 for example.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:29 AM   #29
MattyG

Ok this is probably going to be a really stupid question but is there a trial I can download? I went to their website and couldn't find a place anywhere to download the trial, as a matter of fact I didn't even see a place to buy it lol.
MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #30
TheWinterLord
Reretsiged Uesr

Im using it at school, you need to pay for the lisence. I dont know any specifics, but il be going to school tomorow maybe i can figure something out.