>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 26-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #76
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
W.I.P
working on the silhouette right now. once content then i will move on to the face and front body.
Material is from the Sathe's zbrush lunchbox, kazmamurat's mats.
Attached Images

ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #77
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp 
Total Awards: 8
Graveyard Statue

Here's my start, I've never done cloth before, so I wanted to try it. Having no time limit is going to bring out some really awesome sculpts, and hopefully some videos. Great job so far, can't wait to see what comes out of this.
Attached Images

VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 05:55 AM   #78
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
ibrahim_gabr - i havn't missed anything - had the television on in the
background but i thought of it as a very bad game. except the last 10 min they where exciting. I like the idea of ure sculpt.

AA-ron - thus so far, 4hrs and 20min.
Old 26-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #79
kazmamurat

emeth003; you did it again, great work!!
kazmamurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #80
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
emeth003, now that's one I'd love to have on my desk. Way cool!
Old 26-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #81
Ordibble Plop
High fiddlety

The Anatomists

Cool entries so far. It looks like people are having a better time of it than me - I'm ending up with some really ugly stretched areas.

Looking for something macabre, suitable for the Enlightenment and suggestive of a journey of discovery, I decided to go for four anatomists performing a dissection on each other (using radial symmetry).

It's really crude at the moment - just roughing in to try to get the attitude and the four figures all meeting up. I have a lot of refinement to do and will have to hit the anatomy books.
Attached Images

Ordibble Plop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #82
Intervain

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Goblin mechanic made it to the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Ordibble_Plop - a really cool idea
Old 26-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #83
DELTATHUND3R

Hi guys,..This is my wip of the cemetery at the edge of Nightmares comp..
8 hours sofar.subdiv 8.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #84
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
monte sir

the deadline is wrong .
10th july is thursday,not tuesday.

so what will the deadline be tuesday,8th july or thursday 10th july?
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #85
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Awesome catch. You and Sandpiper (PM'd me) spotted it at the same time it seems. I've made the necessary change. Thanks a lot.

Loving where all these sculpts are going so far. Seems the posts are a bit slower to come in this time. I hope this is because people have a bit more to sink their teeth into this time around, and not because I totally missed the mark with it. I think this is a really worthwhile exercise.
Old 26-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #86
grommie
DDD Addicted

Send a message via MSN to grommie
My first try, just blocking some shapes yet, but is wonderful to see how the things grow up through the box.

This is my angel, kind of a girl with wings.

www.codornafilmes.com.br/glauco

Last edited by grommie; 26-06-2008 at 06:39 PM..
grommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #87
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
ordible popthe idea is amazing, love it, cant wait to see it finished
Old 26-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #88
Ketka

Send a message via ICQ to Ketka
hello everyone -)
it's my variant
"Nik of Samothrace" -)
i hope you like it
Attached Images

Last edited by Ketka; 26-06-2008 at 11:33 PM..
Ketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #89
grommie
DDD Addicted

Send a message via MSN to grommie
One more update, working on proportions and so on
about 40 minutes
come on guys, lets sculpt!
see ya

www.codornafilmes.com.br/glauco
grommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #90
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. 
Total Awards: 10
Great stuff,Ketka.The cloth was a nice touch

Emeth003: As usually great.There is something about the neck and lower legs I don't really like.The neck is a bit messy,I'd smooth out all of those details.Same goes for the legs,there is no need for those muscles IMO.

Anyway,I wasn't really sure about participating in this challenge but looking at all these works I might just do that I'm just not really sure if I'll be able to make something decent from a cube with only one gig of RAM