>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #31
outlander

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition. 
Total Awards: 1
@mr_carl: thank you! I think that the final resolution will be about 8000*5000, if my computer doesn't die. And I will add some postwork in photoshop (like depth of field, thanks to the z-depth map that Vue can generate)
outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #32
outlander

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition. 
a little church I want to add to the village.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #33
outlander

Awards Showcase
now I'm working on the dragon's fireball. I used a volumetric light that can affect clouds. The second image is the z-depth map that I will use to add a little blur effect in photoshop (3rd image). the third image shows some postwork done in phot., i played a bit with some settings.
I have to remove the church from that place and move it elsewhere.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I think the colours are a bit to colourful, especially the green in the front of the image, it´s almost looks like it´s glowing.
I like the background a lot, it has a nice fantasy feel to it.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #35
outlander

Awards Showcase
@mr_carl: you're right, the colours are too much saturated due to the postworks. Next time I will pay more attention
Old 13-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
outlander

Awards Showcase
[IMG][/IMG]

trying to find the correct position for the church
Old 15-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
outlander

Awards Showcase
a necromancer holding a fragment of the Heart. I don't know why but in Vue he looks younger than in daz!
Attached Images

Old 16-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #38
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
this scene has so many random characters in it made me laugh a little kingkong vs ent, dragon in the background some type of demon on the lower right side and the pose that kingkong has it's like he says "oh a i give up"

anyway enough laughing i do have to admit that this is the best work i've seen done useing software like vue daz and what the hell is hexagon never even heard of that good job
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #39
outlander

Awards Showcase
@NeoGeo: I'm trying to translate your post into a constructive criticism: if I understood what you are saying, there is "confusion" in the image (too much characters). Maybe you're right. But have you read the story on the first post? I only tried to create an image that can suggest little "stories" in all its parts (a kind of modern "horror vacui", do you know?). Moreover the softwares I used have limitations, with whom I have to fight. There is really nothing to laugh about: there's the hard work and the passion of a person behind the wip that you can see. Anyway If you have advices and suggestions, I'm hear to listen to you.

Little update
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #40
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
ohw sorry no there wasn't any real criticism at all i just found the combination of characters funny
i think you have to have the same type of humor as me to understand.. anyways keep up the good work
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #41
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Wow, that's some big work, impressive. You're familiar with a lot of software.
Here is some comments:

What i like:
-The background city scene, this yellow lightning with the dragon, the mist, and the right coming light, this atmosphere is magical.
-The temple scene with the fight, it's dynamic, and an interesting composition.
-The chaotic side of the tree contrasting with the blue light of the wizard.

What I dislike:
-The posing of the ogre on the foreground, particularly its arm.
-The eye of the tree, the color is good but it looks like a traffic light, sorry for the comparison but it needs some more details/specular/reflection, i don't know...

I'll come again, bye.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #42
outlander

Awards Showcase
things are going slowly due to the intense study at university... I don't know if I will reach the quality I wanted. I tried to change the tree's eyes in photoshop but the result isn't that great...[IMG] [/IMG]

there are some flying houses in the background
Old 01-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #43
outlander

Awards Showcase
very near to the end I think. Some things can be bettered, but I know time is not enough
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Good work here! I just think that the wizard's pose is very passive.. maybe he needs to be more agressive. Don't get me wrong.. is really a good work. You have done a lot of things in a very short time and this is more than I can say about the mine.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #45
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
I like the little more diffused look of the last image, good work just keep going to the end
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote