>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
DWIV - 3D - Ryvick - Untitled

Been itchin to get my hands wet with some concepts.
Attached Images

ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Good to see you in the war! Best of luck.
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
C'mon dude - the war is ON like Donkey Kong! More sketches man; more ideas!

Good luck!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Thanks guys.
here is a better sketch but not finished.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
I changed my design and concept
I know i am going really slow at this but going to push it so i can get everything done in time.

Short Story:
the machines found an alien parasite that has no brain and its only purpose of living is to eat. It lives by consuming all other living beings. It produces electrical discharges from its body at very high voltage when provoked. So the machines built a chassis around it to keep it alive and use it to function their machines while killing all other organisms. More to come ->

The worm type creature has a long body with tentacles from the side. The machine built on it is a walker type that can move it faster and around all obstacles. the front of the machine unit kills or injures its opponents to replenish the host worm and then provoke it to discharge voltage for more output.

i will be scanning a better pic later on to show what the concepts look like.
so far on the 3d progress>
Upload feature is not work on the forums right now. will upload later.
Attached Images

Last edited by ryvick; 06-04-2009 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Upload Images
Old 07-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Some updates:
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
discmage

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Neat idea Keep it coming
Old 07-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #8
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
ZZZzzzz now
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
cool. Nice mechanical tail.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
oooo, i really like this concept. I would make the legs a bit beefier & the feet larger. he looks really unstable with such little skinny nubs. Looking really good so far.
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
thnks guys, yeah those legs do look thin. i am going to do some paintovers to make them bigger and then fix that issue.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
if you don't mind me asking, what is the tri count for the tail section. I'm thinking of something like that for my guy, but I'm not sure if the count will play friendly.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #13
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
ill check the tri count when i get home but right now i am trying to get the basic shape and look that i want before i start hacking it with the eco-poly budget saw.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
I definately like the second concept more than the first. It has a lot more flair to it and seems to be a lot more menancing. So far, it has a great parasitic feel to it. Something you definately don't want to see coming your way.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Looks pretty cool, it definitely has a unique vibe to it.
Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote