>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 28-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #61
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Jumped ahead to the shader creation. Spent the night/mourning trying to get the shader to behave the way I want it too. I must have tried 3 or 4 different methods to the xray hand before finally finding the solution.
Attached Images

Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #62
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
have you done a quick texture test with the shader to see how it will look.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #63
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
damn, that's a lot of nodes!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #64
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
BiG ToE-3DT - No i haven't. It's going to take a lot of tweaking to modify the SSS layers and color ranges to get it looking right. I'll probably build the low poly model and create UVs before I move on to that step.

hulahuga - This is really just the beginning, there's tweaks I want to make already that will add plenty more nodes. Not that more nodes = a better shader, but I think there's quite a lot that can still be done.
Old 28-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #65
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Yup, sure can .

WIP
Old 28-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #66
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Looks awesome so far!
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #67
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Was just about to completely abandon the pig idea, but then I found all this.

So here's the million dollar question: Should I make him big like a St. Bernard. or small like a rat dog.
Attached Images

Last edited by Crispy4004; 28-03-2009 at 08:19 PM..
Old 29-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #68
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Restarted on the pig. Let me know if you like it or not. I don't want to get knee deep sculpting it and ditch the idea again.

Also the demons feet look pretty horrible right now, it's on my list of things to fix.
Attached Images

Old 29-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #69
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
I don't really like the lightning.
Make fat, like the pig in asgard stories.

WIP
Old 29-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #70
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
I don't really like the lightning.
Make fat, like the pig in asgard stories.
The lighting right now is just a placeholder. As far as the pigs body goes, I want to keep him light and mobile. Maybe a little aerodynamic as well. I've been thinking about giving this pig bat wings. I might go with the mount idea after all.
Old 29-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #71
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Okay, but if you go for a mount. Särimner would be cool. Since he is a mount in the mythology...
well I await the updates

WIP
Old 29-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #72
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
i liked the holding the pig in hand idea better

A: it was pretty freaky
and
B: a flying pig mount might seem like a good idea late at night but in the cold light of day I'd have real trouble taking it seriously.

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #73
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
plus a flying pig has been done before. Need to hold it, show it some love.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #74
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Alright, holding the pig it is.
Old 29-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #75
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Another quick pose + pig to see if the pig and demon a meshing together this way.
Attached Images