>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 31-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #91
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
what kind of bones will you be making?

guess I need to go back and reread this thread.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #92
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Just regular human anatomy bones that are showing in the xray region. The more stretched I am on polys the more I'll have to cut back on the xray region.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #93
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Good plan crispy

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #94
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
So I finished the body, but as you can see I went 450 tris over. I know I have to reduce some in the face and feet.

Besides that, I'm very happy with how the silhouette on the left matches up to the higher poly on the right.
Attached Images

Old 31-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #95
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Scratch that I just got rid of a tone of unnecessary polygons on the finger and toe nails. I'm at 6100, which is more acceptable.
Old 31-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #96
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Neat mesh! Well done
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #97
spider2544

LOL you modeled the toe nails haha.

i was gonna say man those feet look awfully dense. i think you could still shave off quite a few more polys by just getting rid of all the toes other than the big toe, and modeling it as one solid form. cause if your looking at screen space, right now the toes take almost as many polys as his legs. and for the Percent of pixels the toes take up in comparison to the body you should be able to get away with cutting them down, and using your polys in other places to help with rigging, Hair, or for prop detail.

looks great though dude it matches the high silhouette really well.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #98
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
spider2544 Well I hate modeling fingers and hands, so I conveniently modified the high poly ones from my sculpting base mesh. left a bunch of unnecessary ones in there cause I thought, just maybe, I'd be able to afford them.

A normal map test with a 1k texture and inefficient automatic UVs. Considering this is my first test, I'm pretty excited with the results. The normal map has some artifacts, but I'm sure with some more tweaking and proper UVs I can work those out.
Attached Images

Last edited by Crispy4004; 01-04-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #99
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Looks good .
Damn that's a lot of tris for a low poly.

WIP
Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #100
Holo
Rusty Wireframe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wait, you said you were 450 tris over ? so you were budgeting your polys at 6000 ? what were you planing on saving the other 4000 for ?

*Lightwave User*
Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #101
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy4004 View Post
... can get the basic body down to around 6000 tris or less so I can have at least 1,500 for bones, 2,500 for the pig and 500 for dynamics. ...
Here he said it

WIP
Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 AM   #102
Holo
Rusty Wireframe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
whoops, my bad...sorry buddy

*Lightwave User*
Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #103
gfxengine
GFXengine

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Wow nice proportions and concept!!
gfxengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #104
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
looks great
aUGIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #105
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Got a little sidetracked yesterday making my webpage, but I do have one small update. Here are the new UVs.
Attached Images