>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Sculpting

Old 20-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #76
Dront

9h and 50 min in and Im done!

Ive poly painted the lava on the pedestal the nails,tongue and teeth to make the sculpt is easier to read i hope this is ok?
Attached Images

Dront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #77
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dront View Post
Ive poly painted the lava on the pedestal the nails,tongue and teeth to make the sculpt is easier to read i hope this is ok?
Certainly! Polypainting colors to show differences between two/three materials is all good.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #78
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Great Works Guys! congratultions Stale, Dreamnt, Longhi, Mariano, ToxicBoy and Dront !
Hey Longhi the anathomy is simply fantastic, cheers!
This is mi WIP at 7 hours and 30 minutes,
Wow it fells like, will i be able to finish it! but i think i will in the end,
I need to sculpt the pants texture the body and add details to the base,
The Base represents Earth, that's wy it is a Sphere, i'll draw some continents in it,
Hope you enjoy it
Cheers
Fernando Kuhlmann
Attached Images

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #79
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
As we say here in Brazil, UFA!
Finaly i finished the sculpt, at around 9 hours and 30 or 40 min with all
recorded in video,
It is been a blast to participate of this chalenge,
Thanks again Longhi for inviting me and also Mariano who is an amazing artist from Brazil, also thanks to 3DTotal,
Untill the end of the contest i'll do the final shot with the BG togeter,
Hope you enjoy it
Cheers
Fernando Kuhlmann
Attached Images

www.stoneking.com.br

Last edited by Stoneking; 20-01-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #80
Exyal

Yop !

That's a cool challenge to do while waiting for Mass Effect 2 to come out ! ahah

Here is my basemesh done in 3dsmax. 33 min spent on it

Name:  basemesh.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  132.1 KB

And here's the sculpt, 2h40 so far :

Name:  sculpt_01.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  178.6 KB

Cya, happy sculpting !
Exyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #81
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaleFlesh View Post
oh man some good stuff, I gotta start over lol. I took to long on the base mesh anyways, also figured out cam studio properlly. Very Inspiring stuff guys!
nah that model looks fine.. just copy it across and change it a little and finish your concept off.. you had three of them right..

Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #82
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
nice jobs folks

Hey Fernando, it's my pleasure introduce such a great artist like you to digital world.
Man, really cool model. You're improving A LOT since your last models, some months ago...Thats awesome to see, you are getting confortable using zbrush, like you are pushing some clay..I'm excited to see what you'll be doing next.

I'll be updating my model tomorrow if I can find some free time =D
Keep rocking folks!

Cheers and let's sculpt!
www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #83
heiderlein

hello everyone,
i'm from berlin germany, new to this forum and thought i should give my self a try and participate on this challenge.
Here are the thoughts behind this sculpt:
- after the invasion some minor daemos stayed on earth to enslave humanity as their hosts.
- these daemons infested the human race to live in kind of a symbioses. the human part provides mobility and ingestion of food. the symbiont is feeding from the human and provides him with extra oxygen filtered from the long antenna like gills.
- the daemon is linked with the brain of his host to keep him under direct control.
- whithout the daemon the human race won't be able to survive in this toxic enviroment earth has become.

Even thoug this is my first sculpt ever i hope to improve my work in further challenges.

I worked with Maya and Mudbox.

total time spend: 9hours 47min

Cheers!
Attached Images

heiderlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #84
spindraft

Send a message via MSN to spindraft Send a message via Yahoo to spindraft
Eh wth, I'm in too. Great stuff guys.

I recorded it so far with the possibility of putting him here in mind, did loose about 45min. of it to a crash/mem. dump though. Anyway........4hrs.
Attached Images

spindraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #85
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Wow some nice entries h?
My time is up for the challange, ill soon post the final shot of my model.
But im keep working on my creature...
just finished the retopology that was a pain >.<
Soon ill paint some textures and see what comes up.
Hope you guys dont mind that im still posting here.
Attached Images

mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #86
spindraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastein View Post
just finished the retopology that was a pain >.<
Soon ill paint some textures and see what comes up.
Hah, yeah I hear ya man, retop's not exactly high on my fun list either. My sympathies, I'll likely be doing the same soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastein View Post
Of course not! Your models ownsause dude, I want to see where this goes.

Edit:

Well, here's my 5th hour. I didn't do a whole lot tonight, staying up late all week is starting to catch up with me. The good news is camtasia recovered that bit of vid I thought I lost in a crash I had last night. Most of the evening I spent encoding the vids...aka watching tv . I've loaded a compressed version on my vimeo if anyone's interested, but be forewarned, it's the whole thing, so even at x8 speed it's still about 43 minutes.

http://www.vimeo.com/8904805

Here's tonights stopping point. I mainly worked on the upper leg & knees and the arms.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Last edited by spindraft; 22-01-2010 at 07:02 AM..
Old 23-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #87
Exyal

Spindraft : I've watched your video, you should have paid more attention to the rules :/
It's said : "Do not use an already made base mesh, you must build it specifically for this challenge."
Well, no big deal since you have time to redo it with your own basemesh.

Here is progress, 6h28

Name:  F_body.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  F_head.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  48.2 KB
Exyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #88
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Hey guys! keep rocking!!
Exyal: I can see some Avatar influences on your model !

So, continuing off the challange...
This was the first texture test in 3dsMax with a low and a mid poly model.
Left one is 8,6k polys and right one is 38k polys.
Again, its just a test, nothing is final!
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #89
DE3MOHD

Send a message via ICQ to DE3MOHD
3 hours
Attached Images

DE3MOHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #90
spindraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyal View Post
Spindraft : I've watched your video, you should have paid more attention to the rules :/
It's said : "Do not use an already made base mesh, you must build it specifically for this challenge."
Well, no big deal since you have time to redo it with your own basemesh.

Well, that's what I get for skimming. I might do another one I guess if I have time. But for this guy, yeah he'll get retop'd anyway, but I'm not going to resculpt it on a technicality.

Anyway, is the building of the base mesh included in the 10 hours?