>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Sculpting

Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #31
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Hi everyone! Never have joined to sculpting challenge before. I think i'll try to catch up with you guys!
I think i'll try out zspheres for the basemesh. If i fail at that, i'll go with traditional 3dsmax base mesh.

And thanks for the recording stuff link. I've always wanted to have something like this!
Good luck to You all!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
Jacky-Boy

Ohh hi guys, this comp sounds like a great opportunity for some female anatomy practice. So I'm in. I'm all in
Jacky-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #33
Fess1001

Hi everyone. This challenge looks interesting, I'll give it a try.

I spent all of yesterday coming up with a design and this is what I got. I hope topless is ok for pg-13 (I remember you being allowed to see nudity in movies when you were 12 in my home country, not sure how that works elsewhere. I could make up a bra if it's too much.) Good luck everybody.

My concept and the making of:
Attached Images

Fess1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:39 AM   #34
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
wow very nice concept Fess1001...
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 AM   #35
akacg

IM IN SOUNDS FUN

This should be fun and it gives me a chance so make my first female character and female anatomy.
Ha to be honest I dont even know if I could even figure out how to sculpt the "nippel" without makeing it look deformed. Haha I think ill definetnly cover it up.
Good luck everyone
akacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #36
ilya.kachura

Smile Hi all!

I'm in
ilya.kachura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #37
DT24

Send a message via MSN to DT24
Hey all, just came across this comp from a friend. I'm totally in.
DT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #38
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 2
Happy to see there are lot of new people who join the fun

Ok well here is a first update of the sculpting of the body. If you see some things that seems strange or badly proportioned, please tell me!

I know right now she don't look very amazon-like, I am focusing on getting the standard woman anatomy right, (so I can have a base female mesh for my futures personnal projects), after that I'll give her the amazon anatomy she should have.
Oh and don't look at the face, I haven't focused yet on that and I know it's ugly right now.
Attached Images

MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #39
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Body proportions seem to be about right, feet look weird and her face needs alot of work as i'm sure your aware, other than that very good
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #40
Liam282

Looking pretty awsome so far Reg keep it up man!
Liam282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #41
morte

Hi guys! Before I start I just wanted to ask if there are any requirements according codecs we have to use when recording our progress?

Last edited by morte; 06-04-2010 at 05:38 PM..
morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #42
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
chunkymunky: If only the face and the feet seems weird, then I am happy because I already knew that

Liam282: Hey thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by morte View Post
Hi guys! Before I start I just wanted to ask if there are any requirements according codes we have to use when recording our progress?
What do you mean by codes, do you mean the settings? You are not absolutely forced to record for this month challenge, but if you do want to record I usually captured in 1 frame per second.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #43
morte

bah sry for the typo i mean codecs, of course.
morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #44
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by morte View Post
bah sry for the typo i mean codecs, of course.
Ah ok! Well I guess Cinepak Radius codec would be the answer
Old 07-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #45
DonShole

How far can we go with props? would something like carrying a severed head count?