>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 25-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
mizino

woot AE86!!!

Hey i have started modeling a car(i know i'm starting a lot of projects but over all i'm just trying to improve skills). Its an AE86 teureno corolla. I wanted to get more done before i posted the first shots of it but seeing as i'm going to be spending the night at the hospital with my grandfather i'm not going to get to work on it for a day or so and wanted crits right away. I know the bottom part of the bumper is a little rough but thats where i was working when i stopped.
Attached Images

mizino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
FetteWorst

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ehhhh sorry, but that is a Levin
The Trueno has flipup-lights :P
The model looks nice sofar !
Attached Images

FetteWorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
mizino

oh don't start with me i haven't started modeling the headlights yet! lol i don't even have turn signal blinkers in! lol
Old 26-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Kujoe
Car model

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Hi .I'm haveing a hard time looking at your wire.All the triangle is killing me.But I do see a pinch on the hood.If you can make it not so trianglely.I maybe of some help.Shape looks good
Kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Tuss4
UNCH UNH Yehhh....

Send a message via AIM to Tuss4
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Does anyone else want to start talking about Initial D?

.:|my Fairlady Z W. I. P.|:.

Check out my blog click on my sig!

Tuss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
mizino

ME!!!

lol

Anyway i'll see what i can do about a better wire render i'm still figuring the dynamics out of doing it with maya...leave it to maya not to have just a little thing that says "render this in wireframe" lol
Old 26-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
mizino

ok here are some renders of the progress i haven't had a lot of time to work on this seeing as at the moment i'm extremely busy. anyway i think there are two pinches in the hood but i'm not sure how to get rid of them.
Attached Images

Old 27-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
mizino

Yes and no, thats the Levin version i'm doing the trueno version which has pop up head lights.
Attached Images

Old 27-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
DarkBoost

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #87 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in a speed modeling challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
I really enjoy the Initial D series including the movie, that AE86 is awesome.
I was inspired to start modeling the AE86 myself but never finished it, hopefully you do
DarkBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
DarkBoost

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #87 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in a speed modeling challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujoe View Post
Hi dude Is this the car your doing?
A buddy of mine owned a supercharged Trueno identical to the one in this photo. One day he took me for a spin and was drifting corners so hard I could feel the wheels come off the ground for brief moments. It was truely a memorable experience
DarkBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #12
mizino

Well i have finally decided to narrow down what i'm working on to just this car. That being said i have started over(again...) in hopes of this one coming out better. so here we go
Attached Images

Old 20-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
FetteWorst

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Well, good luck, this time it is already looking more like a Trueno
FetteWorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
mizino

i don't know what it is but for some reason my blue prints don't match up which is making this learning experience even harder. Eventually though i would like this model to be good enough to composite with me standing next to the car and have it look like a photograph you know?
Old 22-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #15
mizino

Well theres an update...and what an update it is...lol its starting to look like a car. I've spent time defining the over all shape and thus there isn't much if any detail. but on the bright side i have been trying out some of the techniques Sathe put in his tutorials that where featured from the general forum and what a difference they make. The wheel wells right now are the only ones with this treatment but look how sharp and crisp they turned out!
Attached Images

Last edited by mizino; 22-10-2008 at 02:08 AM..