>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 08-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Justinb

Saleen S7

A few months ago i started to transition from 3d studio to Maya. I don't know what it is about Maya but I just fell in love with it. This is the first vehicle model i have done in Maya so far. Definitely more to come. I have just purchased Vray and have yet to learn to render with it "properly" but i am hoping to do a final render in Vray.

Let me know what you think. C&C welcome and appreciated!

Attached Images

Last edited by Justinb; 12-08-2011 at 02:31 AM..
Justinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: roducing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 4
Looks promising, but why the screencap over simple renders?
parleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Justinb

Because I usually don't render the model until its finished. just a preference thing and this way i can easily display the wireframe. I can always supply some renders which i will do when i post the next update tomorrow sometime. its getting late so im going to go to bed.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Justinb

wip updates

So I woke up this morning with all my usb ports not working mysteriously...but my tablet would work. I unpluged my computer and plugged it back in and it worked! few. but now when I'm modeling in Maya in the perspective viewport i get this lag where the screen wont update until i click on it again. its very odd and doesnt seem to happen in viewport 2.0. I think i gotta format.

Here are some updates i have done so far today. worked mainly on the back and go the hood almost complete. gotta put the scoop in it still. This time i took the screenshots with viewport 2.0. C&C welcome!

Last edited by Justinb; 09-08-2011 at 03:40 AM..
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Justinb

getting close to finished. Pretty much need to do accessories for the car. I really want to do the interior but I have alot of designs i need to get done for work. hopefully ill beable to get back to it asap.

I spent alot of time smoothing out my edge flow and making it as nice as possible. if anyone sees imperfections please let me know, it would be very apreciated.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
WorkInProgress

Nice! looks good =P
WorkInProgress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
Justinb

Here is some more updates. just starting to work on the tire now. Im not to sure how i want to do it. I bump or displacement map or model the detail....I don't have a timeline so i may model it. we'll see ^^

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...7_wip_back.jpg
Old 12-08-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
Justinb

Finally completed the model. moving on to lighting and rendering. I am aiming for it to be completed tonight and have it printed for my portfolio tomorrow. I am thinking about redoing the rims. This was exactly what the reference showed but its way not flashy enough. more to come for sure.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
pavlo
http://www.pavlo3d.com/

is this of a tutorial out of curiosity? i saw a tutorial by digital tutors i think on a model of saleen in maya.
pavlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saleens7 maya vehicle