>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The Concept Art Challenge

View Poll Results: Vote
washka 6 24.00%
Born8th 0 0%
ignacio197 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Final Entry - Sea Creature

Final Pictures:

Required In The Final Post (1 post per entry):

- 1 x Fully rendered drawing of your creature, final image size is up to you, but should be no smaller than 1000 x 1000 pixels.

- 1 x Construction layout of your creature. Front, left or right, back if you choose to.

- 1 x Ideas page showing your thought process.

DUE DATE: February 19th, 11:59 pm GMT - SUNDAY

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 4
Final Post: Loboctopus

Here is my final post (I am not sure if this is where the final post goes). This is as far as I was able to get.

I attach:

- The page with some of the images (photos) I used as reference.

- Several pages showing the development of the creature. Tones and colour development.

- Construction layout of the creature. Front, back and side.

- Final image.

Attached Images

ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Born8th

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Avengers Mash Up 
Total Awards: 3
Here is my final entry !

- Fully rendered drawing of my creature
- My WIP with ideas and a short construction layout (right and front view)

Born8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
[lame: on]

[lame: off]
WIP:

Final:

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Times Up

Time To Vote

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 20-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
some intereting entries here .
washka - your sharctopus is ready sor some a$$ wooping . good job man.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpaulius-st! Thank you:
washka (20-02-2012)
Old 20-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks paulius.
I made a lame MDS for the principle, wasn't fully required, I forced myself. Next time I'll try to do better.

I vote for ignacio197: nice texturing and photo ref.
I like the bottom quarter, the ocean floor. Nice effort for the MDS!
Your shading is close to southpark's, but it seems you've already progressed a step on your MDS.

You know ignacio197 my sea creature's got an ugly face and a baton to hit the skull, It is a satire.
It's saying: "Respect My Authoritah!". (Ref. Southpark, Cartman)
On a stylistic/artistic approach, it's the same than brainwashing...On a political context...same...On a religious context...same...On a social or media context...same...etc (quite extensive)

The style and design of your creature are quite close to the hollows of Bleach manga. Is it wanted? Fan? Idk. (I'm a bleach fan)
Maybe you should care with the fan effect, it strikes your skull...and people's sometimes (there are people who like it).

Born8th: like the volume, blur and dynamic composition! Simple and efficient. Like the concept because, you're close to cartoon too.

M_C: I was waiting yours! Hope next one you're with da fun.
L3xicon: Same, from a veteran like you, she was already hot and sexy, I'm frustrated now.

A few entries, but congrats to all participants! Do you already know next comp' s theme?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 20-02-2012 at 10:23 AM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatwashka! Thank you:
ignacio197 (21-02-2012)
Old 20-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Thanks washka.

It is the first time I take part in one of this, and I have to say that it was very good for me having a deadline This way rather than focus on details (which in my case is a bad habit I have) I focused more on the overall look. I think that that is why I improved a bit with respect other things I have done

I didnt know about the hollows of Bleach manga, so it was not intended

I gave you my vote, I always like your concepts, specially your textures and the looseness of the strokes, not to account for the touch of madness

I agree with you regarding Born8th's concept, is quite effective in transmitting depth and volume in a very simple way. I quite like it too.

It is a bit of a shame that we are only three, I was looking forward to see other peoples projects being finished (specially the marmaid). Hopefully next time. I think I will try and participate in the next one, it has been fun !
Old 20-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
damn were does time go! thought still had a few days for this one =/

great job guys, only three entries but they are great!
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Born8th

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Avengers Mash Up 
Total Awards: 3
Hi everyone !

It was the first time I took part in such a challenge ! And it was very interesting for me especially in finding ideas and in respecting due date.

Washka and ignacio197 : thanks for your comments about my picture. As you, what a shame we were only 3... I hope we'll be more next time.

I vote for you ignacio197, because I like the mixed chosen colors and the way the ocean surface is painted.

I'm looking forward taking part in the next 2D challenge !!
Born8th is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatBorn8th! Thank you:
ignacio197 (21-02-2012)
Old 20-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Thanks Born8th, I will see you in the next one
Old 21-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
great entries, I agree with L3xcion where does the time go. I'm going to post my line art that i was doing in my Study thread soon. Just so ya'll can see what I was working on if ya'll are wondering. ;D sorry guy i'll finish next time.

|
|
|
V

Last edited by M_Cederstrom; 21-02-2012 at 03:35 PM..
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatM_Cederstrom! Thank you:
washka (21-02-2012)
Old 25-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Voting is closed

Winners:

1st: ignacio197
2nd: washka
3rd: Born8th

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life