>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery

Old 03-08-2006, 06:07 AM   #676
Josiah
Aka: Joser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Hey guys, I got some more!

I love king kong!!
Josiah

BATTLE OF THE BEASTS!

And just to keep it fair

Here is the reference picture (was NOT copied, so don't even bring that up ):

Here are the wip pictures:

Sketch:

Color sceme:

Detail Kong:

Detail Trex:

*whew* that was alot to post.

Let me know what you think.....

cheers!

---------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Yeah. It says in the Bible to only judge an opinion by its production value.
I'm shutting it down. Like some kinda...thread stopping ninja.

Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #677
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Nice angle but I think you should have got the both beast in the pick. If you would have had the entire back silhouette of the Kong done along with the T-rex, this would have looked pretty neat. Not that is not looking good right now But looks kindda unfinished.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #678
Josiah

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
okay, that makes sense. i will work on it more in about a week. I am going camping.

thanks-

Josiah

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Old 17-08-2006, 04:57 AM   #679
Josiah

Awards Showcase
crits are more than welcomed

Josiah

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Old 17-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #680
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Any updates? How was camping?
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #681
Josiah

Awards Showcase
Talking

you must not be able to see the attatched imageshack pic that I posted in my last post.

Here it is attatched through threedy.

Enjoy

Josiah

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Old 18-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #682
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Lol, now I see them both. A promising start but too much black. Avoid 0 black to all extends and use drk grey or dark version of the colors in your pallete. Define more clear a light source and shade acordingly.

www.avatarart.com
Old 18-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #683
Josiah

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up

thanks avatar!

update:

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Old 18-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #684
jdgill
Zombie in a box

looking alright so far
jdgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #685
Track_Maniac
Amateur Extraordinaire

The anatomy looks pretty good to me. As for the colouring, as Avatar suggested, I would choose a specific light source. I know it's still wip, but blending the colours together a bit more might help the finished look and make it less sketchy. Good job so far, keep up the great work
Track_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #686
Josiah

Awards Showcase
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Maniac
The anatomy looks pretty good to me. As for the colouring, as Avatar suggested, I would choose a specific light source. I know it's still wip, but blending the colours together a bit more might help the finished look and make it less sketchy. Good job so far, keep up the great work
thanks

update

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Old 24-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #687
s0nkitE
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to s0nkitE Send a message via Yahoo to s0nkitE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah
Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
s0nkitE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #688
hpslashluvr
mangy old cur

Send a message via AIM to hpslashluvr
i would tone down the colors a bit....maybe redraw it without the black outline...pretty good anatomy.

keep it up =P
hpslashluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #689
Josiah

Awards Showcase
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpslashluvr
i would tone down the colors a bit....maybe redraw it without the black outline...pretty good anatomy.

keep it up =P

Thanks-

After a long wait. I finally got my new WACOM intuos 3 drawing tablet. So I have been drawing and painting like crazy.

So here is an update on my works. Leave a comment if you want. The last robot is for the speed painting challenge.

See ya all around- Josiah

omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Last edited by Josiah; 09-02-2007 at 01:26 AM..
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #690
Turboracer
Procrastinator

Send a message via AIM to Turboracer Send a message via MSN to Turboracer Send a message via Yahoo to Turboracer
Hehe, the robot is my favorite one out of all of them.

Pretty good stuff all around, although a bit too much linework, imo. By the way, could you post the images DOWN the page, instead of across?
Turboracer is offline   Reply With Quote