>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 17-11-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
SHARDS OF ASGARD - cinematic project

Howdy boys and girlz, concept artists, modelers and painters. You all (most) know me so introductions aren't needed for now. Why am I here? To present you with a project we started to work on for about a week now. Everything started ok but, as we fear in our excitement we will work ourself to death, we decided to post around forums for some help.

Ever dreamed to make a short movie to make Blizzard blush? Me too. But I kindda got tired to dream only and, with a bunch on my romanian friends, we embarked on an adventure to fulfill that dream. So I got my pen and paper and sketched a quick ideea for a script then took another paper and started making concepts. Part of the concepts done are already in work as we speak.

What do we need?... What do we offer?...
We need some really good organic modeler, a talented matte painter (which may be able to lend a hand with the textures also) and, later on, one or two very good animators. All the claims to the team's offered spots must be suported by a nice clean portfolio containing a few personal works.
What do we offer? We offer glory, chance to work in a team, experience and the posibility to ascend from the level of Dreamer to the one of Creator. We offer you the chance to boast around with the final cinematic, say "I did that "; we ofer you the chance to use the final cinematic in your portfolio and to prezent the characters you've worked on, full textured, in any demoreel you will find usefull to attach to an eventual job contest.

Now, aldo this isn't a payed job - this is bind to be finished. The deadline on this project has been temporary set on 1 of March 2006. We make this announce in an attempt to cut this back to the 1 of january 2006. So yes, we ask for speed and detail but this would be a good test for each one of you dreaming to work in a company later on. If you can make it in this project, you will be able to make it anywhere.

Without further talk, I offer you a peek into our world of choice, a glance upon the script that will become shortly the movie:

Cinematic
Story

The Twilight of the Gods has come to pass... And from the broken sky rains with heroes, blood and shards of heaven. The Spine of the World has shattered; a sound like the death howl of a thousand demons passed like a wave of darkness over the world of Man. World upon world collapses.
Upon Bifrost, the heavenly bridge, surviving gods are walking towards another realm. Long lines of shining Lords in their clothing of Power. In the deserted Midgard starts snowing; Finbulwetter, The Long Winter is at hand. And over all this, like a bad omen, Naglfar, the black ship of the death godess, flies slowly.

Cinematic
Visual description

The cinematic starts with a dark screen. Short flashes show us a huge wolf (Fenrir), swallowing a old warrior with a spear (Odhin). Black screen again and again the flash of an image with a wild Thor brandishing his mighty hammer and hitting in an explosion of lightning. Black screen again and the ugly face of an undead hissing at the viewer. Black screen. The wispered and withered of a dying old man tells the story („The Twilight of the Gods has come to pass”...) Fade out slowly on the image of a burning pine forest. The sky is ripped appart by vortexes through which rains human bodies, pillars and walls of stone and long waterfalls of lava. Flashes mummbles through the clouds swirling around the vortexes. Everything looks blue and cold... Snow flakes rarely pass before the camera. Near the camera a long pillar is falling crashing in the woods underneath. The camera rises. It rains broken shields, swords and banners. A banner falls infront of the camera, covering it. Tranzition.
The camera slides upon the black prow of a drakkar. It looks like is made from scales but infact those are nails, thousand and thousand of dark nails of those dead without a burrial ritual. The camera rises while the ship passes. A ghost passes infront of the camera wailling. Shields with human faces ripped from the skulls are attached to its sides. The camera goes on deck. Close to the bord, there is a headless undead. A crow is picking on his neck. He keeps his head in his hand, attached by some leather string. Hooks bite in his back, hooks with long chains finished in heavy weights. Because „the murderer shall carry the weight of his sin” especially after death.
The camera passes further and there is another undead hissing at it. Many more other swing slowly on the background.
The camera goes around the mast. Half of a body is crawling on deck, its back full of arrows. On the port of the ship you can see the silhouette of a nacked woman. The hair, long to her calfs, is half white, half black. The camera closes to her, circles her unveiling the cold beauty of her face, her blue eye inexpresivly watching into the horizont while the camera still circles unveilling her other half, a skeletic half, flesh dried upon dried muscles and bones, hidouse, with a round, lidless, black eye starring. The eye rolls watching directly into the objectif of the camera, the camera plunges into its darkness.
Finish
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
And just to satisfy your sweet tooth, a few of the concept already in work...
Helja - goddess of the Underworld
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #3
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Undead 1 concept...

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Undead 2 concept...

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 01:58 AM   #5
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Some architectural prop that will fall around...

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 02:01 AM   #6
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
And part one of the concept on Naglfar, the Black Ship...
This should be enough to make you understand both the level of detail we're reaching for and the ideeas involved in this upcoming short movie.

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 02:03 AM   #7
EvilKnight

Send a message via MSN to EvilKnight
Hey Avatar-3D, sounds interesting, I like the idea. DO you have the scenario nailed down already, if so, you should show a little part of it!

I'd be interested to work on this!
My folio is totaly destroyed though, my computer and my External HD are dead, just built a new computer, and Well, cannot seems to find my Backup CD!

Well, I think you know who I am, you've commented my Minotaur King a lot!
You know what I'm able to, And that would be more for fun and good experience since I already am Working in the Field

If you wanna make Blizzard fall on thier ass though, dont use the same theme as them!

I like the Idea, but before I bound myself to a project, I need more details!
Although My contract at work stipulate that I'm not suppose to freelance, they dont need to know it!

Alright, just respond to me anytime you want!
If you need a hand with Scenario writting, I'm pretty good at that!

I model, I rig, I texture, I animate, I composit, I make Special FX and sound and music!
I do pretty much everything!

Cheers!
Jonny3D

Cheers!
Jonny
EvilKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #8
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
So, anybody thinking to be able to meet both our standards and our deadlines, are welcomed to pm me or to send me portfolios at mateslaurentiu@gmail.com

www.avatarart.com
Old 17-11-2005, 02:07 AM   #9
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
EvilKnight, read in the begining of the thread. There you have the script for the cinematic. The theme is different. If Blizzard builted his own univers based on Tolkiens rules, I go deeper and go to the root of tolkian inspiration, and that is nors mythology. If this works ok, we may plan to make a series of follow ups. But lets not start dreaming now
As for this, this isn't freelance, this is volunteer job. There is no contract bind, no fee. So if would be decided to involve you, you won't breach any of the rules of you actual contract.

www.avatarart.com

Last edited by Avatar-3DT; 17-11-2005 at 02:22 AM..
Old 17-11-2005, 02:20 AM   #10
Track_Maniac
Amateur Extraordinaire

Incredible concepts Avatar, I love your 2D work, it always amazes me. Good luck with this project, I hope it works out well for you.
Track_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 02:21 AM   #11
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Hey, EvilKinght...if your contract stipulates that you aren't supposed to freelance, it could mean that you've been hired as a creative artist...much like writers (for instance, editorial writers) any work you pump out technically belongs to them. In the United States, they would own any work you did on this project....as stated in your contract. So, for the safety of Avatar's project...you may re-read your contract, just to make sure that you won't run into problems SHOULD they find out.

Cheers...anxious to see something come of this.
Old 17-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #12
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Man, this is a fast respons... I didn't got the chance to post everything and already this thread is hot
Just to let you guys know - there is a storyboard in work, both a 2d presentation and also a 3d low poly cinematic. There will be also a site for the short.
And just to know, you know part of the team: Master_Blaster (Lotr Project) and Freespace (Destiny Void project) - by the way, congrats for the finished movie Freespace!

www.avatarart.com

Last edited by Avatar-3DT; 17-11-2005 at 02:50 AM..
Old 17-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #13
Track_Maniac
Amateur Extraordinaire

Well... good work demands respect. Am I right everyone?
Track_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #14
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
woo, cool idea Avatar. i love the concepts as well. the goddess is perfect. perfect in beauty and horror. the second undead is really creative. never seen an undead like it before. very cool.

gl with this undertaking
Old 17-11-2005, 03:24 AM   #15
Josiah
Aka: Joser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Wow! I wish that I could do 3D.....
This is going to be soooo awesome!
Great concepts Avatar!

---------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Yeah. It says in the Bible to only judge an opinion by its production value.
I'm shutting it down. Like some kinda...thread stopping ninja.

-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------
---------------------------
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote