>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
The Sunflower Fountain

So, this is my latest small project that i am working on.
I was working on it for a few days now and i didn't really found it worth putting out there on this forum, bud than i thought , why not. Just put it on and see how the project turns out.

The idea of the project is to create a fantasy scenery. There is a fountain with some sunflowers in it and that is actualy the main idea. I went searching outside and just watch textures and objects like trees, garbage cans and other stuff that are just for you really usefull. It can lead
to an inspiration that helps you further along with the project.

So when i moddeled the fountain and the floor i new the
floor has to be a great thing. A textured floor that everybody likes. So I made a picture of what they call in the netherlands, children heads. These rocks are very anoying when drivin over with a car, bud it gives such a impressive graphical surface.The problem is that if you go model of them stones by itself its just too heavy for the scene. I Made a advanced displacement mapping for the scene which took me about half a day. It was awfull, bud the result is pretty good.

The texture isn't perfectly seamless yet, bud ill fix that later on.

So, the textures versions are good enough i think. What im trying to do next is make a tree that grows onto the fountain. Like the trees that grow upon the ruins in inda on the inca structures. I went for research earlier today and found some pretty cool trees to photograph. Although the weather became awfull and i could't get my camera and the right light to work with what i have in my mind, so ill try it again tommorow........

comments and ideas are always welcome

Last edited by tjerkotten; 09-12-2006 at 01:10 AM..
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  

Last edited by tjerkotten; 02-12-2006 at 09:40 PM..
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
Bubbaloo
I be learnin me some 3d.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Your textures are the best I've seen. I wish I could do that!

My Wesite:
http://lunatic-studio.com/
Bubbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Duality
Mr. "Never give up"

Send a message via Yahoo to Duality
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Damnit you never stop to amaze me! I would kill to make such textures, 5*+ job on them again...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #5
lashy
I'm here to Learn !!

your stuff is amazing.
which camera u use to click the textures?
Old 03-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashy
I use the Fuji finepix s5500 which has a 10 times optical zoom. This is not a very small camera, bud i like it a little bit bigger. The thing is with a camera that has a lower megapixel, just shoot more photo's and connect them to create a texture on high resolution. Hope this helps... comments welcome, always
Old 03-12-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
gfx.KhronoS
...want some peanuts?

Send a message via MSN to gfx.KhronoS Send a message via Yahoo to gfx.KhronoS
Absolutely fantastic... the textures are awesome... everything is awesome
Old 03-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
DraB.

That is a m a i z i n g !

:shock:
DraB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #9
Bathtub2007
SAN DIEGO IS DA SHIZ!

Send a message via AIM to Bathtub2007 Send a message via Yahoo to Bathtub2007
dammit i wish i could texture shtuff like that... specially my cars and stuff....

~~ The Lord of Enigma ~~
Bathtub2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #10
vectorealms

Wow amazing textures!
vectorealms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:50 AM   #11
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Beautiful textures from all angles. Nice light set up too.

Did I mention nice and simple model? Yeah, just did.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:03 AM   #12
Blytheye
Jus a bit of fun really

Send a message via AIM to Blytheye
Fantastic! And you're right, the cobbled stone ground really does create an impressive graphical surface.

Btw, is that last render from real time? It looks like it's out of a game, and makes me think it's a screen grab or something.
Henrah
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #13
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blytheye
Its a rendered shot yes, its actually a side render from the viewport, cause of the size of the texturing and the fact that i made the background black, it looks like its a more game like thing. Bud its just the 3d scene.....A little hint while rendering is to render out your picture in a high resolution so the software can get all the detail there is to get from a texture map. If you make it smaller afterwards, it will keep the detail much better than just rendering it at the small resolution....hope this answers you question

Last edited by tjerkotten; 03-12-2006 at 02:16 AM..
Old 03-12-2006, 02:14 AM   #14
novoAlias
Found snow.

Send a message via MSN to novoAlias
That is amazing texturing, If you keep the scenery just that little bit fantastic (unreal) then this will be extremely cool!
,,`,,`,,

http://forums.3dtotal.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=726&dateline=11981294  96
novoAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:18 AM   #15
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
That is amazing texturing, If you ke.........
Yeah i will try to make additional scenery stuff tommorow with the a tree or a small house. This small scene as it is now can work on itself bud i wanted to make something more from it. I don't wanne loose the feeling the scene has at this moment.It never hurts to try make your scene better.Sometimes additional stuff makes it worse,sometimes it gives it another dimension.We will see soon enough.thanks for comment

Last edited by tjerkotten; 03-12-2006 at 02:21 AM..