>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 18-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
The Chamber Of Oceans

Hi Everyone.
Im busy with a new project called The Chamber Of Oceans.
As Always im not sure if im gonna finish this project or if it will be as great as The Sunflower Fountain.
What i have learned is that many people like it when every aspect of the project is spoken off and viewed on this forum.It was an Honor that 3DM Contacted me to publish my making off of The Sunflower Fountain which by now almost 63.000 thousand people have seen.So i will continue with making the projects like this.Showing everything i do in the project. But nevertheless, this is about the new project.

The Main Idea:

The Main idea of the project is to create a living room, but not a living room that we all know. Not like the ones you have at home. I want this piece to be like a normal living room with a twist. And that twist is that from The TV, which is almost always the center of a living room. All the furniture is pointed to the tv. From this Tv i want to make a Human that is coming out of it, but you only see his back. He is holding the tv while his legs and feet are still in the tv. He has a hard time cause all of the water is pushing him out of the tv, Every furniture is eaten by the sea, with pocks and mussels. Weed and rotten Wood.Fish that lay wet on the dry wooden surface. This is just the main idea and the fantasy that is in my mind since my last project. I Don't know if its gonna work cause its a part Organic model, which is not my strongest side, but im gonna try.Im making this in my spare time, so updates perhaps take a while.

Lets start the project.
Attached Images

Last edited by tjerkotten; 06-06-2008 at 02:45 PM..
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
This is The First Object i Made. I Don't know for sure how to say the name of it in english bud in the Netherlands we call it " Windlicht ". I just called it a Pot for now.This is a Small Prop for in the Scene. It took me a Day to Build and Texture.In the scene it will be a small object but i always like my objects to look good in High resolution too, so i can use it as a scene alone, or use it in another project that needs a higher resolution version of the Object. By Doing this you make a database of all the things you make, so you can integrate them in other projects. Hope you like this beginning element.Im Also trying to put a Time Schedule on every thing i make so you can feel the amount of work. People are oftenly fooled by the easy look of an object.Unwrapping is often the Hardest thing to do. Im not pelt mapping Inorganic meshes.All is Vertex/edge mapping. Stitching everything together that it is logical for you to make the texture painting in photoshop.

Time Schedule.

Modeling Pot: 3 Hours
UnWrapping Pot: 4 Hours
Texture Photography: Half Hour
Texture Painting: 2 Hours
Rendering And Lightening: 1 Hour

Old 18-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
A Few days ago i went to the sea with my Camera, to search for objects that perhaps i could use and try to rebuild in 3D. When i saw all this amazing forms i knew i had to use another program besides the normal 3D Studio.Im currently testing with Zbrush 3 to see if i can make good displacement maps for my scene. Im still trying to figure a good way out to make a low poly model and a high res displacement map. I have to keep my scene light. Here is a Small rebuild test of a Mussel i found on the beach. In The Red Wax color of ZB3 it looks like a hart or something like that. I Made a Smaller polygon version in 3dsmax and textured it. Its not the way i want it, its too heavy for the scene, but i hope i can replace it soon with a low poly version and the right displacement map. Hope you like the progressions.

Old 18-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Cayheraz
Boom

Send a message via AIM to Cayheraz Send a message via Yahoo to Cayheraz
damn! really nice texturing and modeling! I want so see more!!! seems like a very cool project!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Cayheraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
Honki
if you're horni

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For creating his wonderful  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
I'm so impressed.
I hope you get that displacement map sorted out.
That's a whole lotta polys for for such a small object.
Honki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
ill

That really impresses me!
especially that first model and the texturing is amazing!

Looking forward to see more of this!
ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Hi Everybody, thanks for comments as always. I Have a little update.
Its not actualy an update, but my studio changed a little bit and i wanted to share this with all ya. Its always good to work in a good working area.

Working Space.

2 x 20.1 inch Widescreen HP Brightview w2007
Benq 26 Inch Widescreen

Harddrive's

250gb Seagate external ( StudyMaterial )
250gb Seagate external ( 3D Projects, Texture Maps )
250gb Seagate external ( Digital Matte, Photography, Aerosoul Art, Concept Art Etc. )
500gb Toshiba External ( When Im Working for THP )( Tim Hufken Projects )
300 gb Seagate External ( Backup, Backup Images )
Internal 300gb ( OS and Additional Programs )
Internal 160gb ( For Downloads,Trailers,ETC )

Sound.

U.S Blaster Sound System. 6.1 Surround Sound. ( For Workstation )

Creative 6.1 Surround System ( For Xbox Media Center and DVD Playback )

Xbox

( Using Xbox Media Center in 720p )( Xbox is connected to the workstation so i can instantly check out created animations and pictures ) ( Cannot playback HD videos true the xbox though )

Wacom Tablet

Inituos 3 Wacom Tablet A5. ( Love this thing )

Computer Specs:

Thermaltake Shark Silver Case
Amd Athlon X2 3800+
2 GB DDR RAM ( Im realising sometimes my projects ask to much ram ) ( 4gb would be optimal )
Legacy Realtek Audio
Nvidia Quadro FX 1400
LG 16x DVD-RAM Writer
Except for 1 Fan, Everything is with Heatsinks, so Reduces the sound of the system.

Photography:

Fujifilm s5500 ( For Texture Photography )
Canon Eos 350D ( This camera is from my girlfriend, she is a photographer ) ( I Only use this camera when neccesary )

I Quess that was about it, i know its a bit early to talk about system specs, but i never told this before, so its also interesting when you have seen other projects of me. If you think this post is bogus, than just ignore it.

Enjoy.
Old 18-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Makaveli

Very cool setup you got there! I envy you lol

Sketchbook

Oogie Boogie
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
Station
No Lamborghinis/Ferraris

Is that a little ashtray in front of the speaker?
Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Well, you've managed to do it again...............

........you managed to amaze me, so early on aswell lol. You're modelling and texturing work astounds me, it really does. Man you've got a heck of a studio there. This makes my computer suck, and I thought i'd got such a good spec lol. Seriously though this is nothing short of brilliance as always. I'll definatly be watching this space intently in the coming days/weeks etc. And it also seems you've got Zbrush 3 worked out too!

Beautiful work as always, keep it coming

Kind Regards

Classic Gamer
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
Ilkejav mk5
Marquis of Montréal.

Send a message via MSN to Ilkejav mk5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StationMiek
Is that a little ashtray in front of the speaker?
no that's the wacom pen holder that comes with the wacom tablet... very useful...
Ilkejav mk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #12
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkejav mk5
no that's the wacom pen holder that comes with the wacom tablet... very useful...
Thanks for answering his question for me. Its indeed very usefull.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #13
Kiss Csaba

Send a message via MSN to Kiss Csaba
simply amazing! I love your texturing jobs, and your quality. This computer setup is awesome!

Keep up the great work!
Kiss Csaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
Nippur

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
whow, I'm sure this one would be as great as your last one project. The start looks very promissing again.

And your workspace...damn, that's cool
Old 19-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
Seaseme

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
unbelievable. Nice job, as always.
Seaseme is offline   Reply With Quote