>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Stylized Challenge

Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

July 2007 - AYE AYE

Please read the Instructions Guidelines and FAQ's for this challenge first.

Here we go with this months challenge which is designed to be fun, creative and not too intensive whilst giving best entrants prizes and great exposure in 3DCreative Magazine.

This month we have chosen one of the strangest creatures, totally unique and only live in Madagascar! The Ayeayes...

Here are a selection of Images to give you some good references.

ayeaye 01
ayeaye 02
ayeaye 03
ayeaye 04
ayeaye 05
ayeaye 06
ayeaye 07
ayeaye 08

Dont start new threads, all design sketches, WIP's, feedback to go in this thread only, but! questions to go in this one Guidelines and FAQ's

Final Images go in the Final renders thread which will be created later in the month ready for Voting.

Have fun!
ben-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
mrpeculiar

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 009 Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Won on Speed Animation challanges ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band' Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won  
Total Awards: 7
should be interesting ............freaky looking creature thats for sure
mrpeculiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Ties

aye aye number one is the most beautiful creature i've ever seen, looking forward to what everyone comes up with
Ties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Rooky

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The New SMC's - 022 - Chirp Chirp weeks winners. 
Total Awards: 1
and again one which I`ve never seen in my life before. at least not in real life.
will have to go to the zoo more often. thats for sure! ;D
good luck to all whos gonna try to stylize this one. :]
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
cryocreations
3DWorks Studios

Send a message via AIM to cryocreations
interesting

this one is gonna be interesting. im finally gonna enter this one since i am takin a break from some of my shorts that i am working on. good luck everyone.
cryocreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
This will most likely be a challenge, I for one am unfamiliar with the Ayeaye, so I'm hoping this will come out ok ^_^ Good luck all
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
mr_lemon
Continue?...9..8..7..

Send a message via MSN to mr_lemon Send a message via Yahoo to mr_lemon
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
tuff one! i've maded some try but nothing that i like...that will not be easy

----- Some of my previous post to speed modelling challenge -----

Finally the final :

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=56459

My Gallery:

http://positivedope.deviantart.com/gallery/
mr_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
David-Pet

I've been watching this contest az a guest & I've wanted to participate on this one, but the subject is really difficult for me.
David-Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
praveen3d
\,,/,

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Ayeaye?? Hav'nt heard of this before. Gonna be lil tuf.
praveen3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Shahin_fj
Totally 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The tuff part is stylize it in a uniqe & new way! Exept that, there are lots of stylized ayeayes in madagascar movie.
Shahin_fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
alimpo83

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I frequently go to www.3dtotal.com to admire great 3D renders and artists. Then I found out these forums and decided to take a chance at this cool challenge. I usually model low poly static objects and so, but I'm an artist in "real" life and a cartoonist.Here is my first head render, a very early WIP, about an hour of work, still have to work the eyes and so. I use freeware programs, so I modelled this in Anim8or (and I edit my models textures in GIMP).

Shot at 2007-07-17

Pentium Dual Core 2140 @ 2.00 GHZ
1024 DDR RAM
x1650 PRO 512 MB DDR2
alimpo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Well... it seems this is the challenge of portuguese newcomers.
This is my first post on the Threadies, but I've been visiting both the forum and 3DTotal for quite some now. Somehow, due to challenging nature of this one in particular, I've decided to give it a go.
Here's an early mesh. No legs, no hands, no textures. Just a with/without NURBS grab so you can have a better perception of what's cookin'.
Modeled in Cinema4D, from a cube. No sketches, just started to model and got this far.
Hope you like it!
Attached Images

DaddyDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
alimpo83

The eyes redone, as well as some proportions corrected.

E DaddyDoom, fixe haver tugas por aqui!

Shot at 2007-07-18

1024 DDR RAM
x1650 PRO 512 MB DDR2
Old 19-07-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Here's an update.
By now I got the concept plot for the thing: "skinny little AyeAye liar using is long fingers to chat with hot lemur chicks over the internet, claiming he is a hunky monkey or a gorilla macho stud". This is basically it.
No textures yet, and I still have to figure out how am I going to do the hair on the thing... My Hair tool demo has expired...
Comments are welcome.

Ver outro portuguÍs aqui foi o que me fez finalmente participar alimpo83 !
Attached Images

DaddyDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
alimpo83

My new render, I'm building the fur parts and so, still WIP, of course. Just a test!

Shot at 2007-07-20

1024 DDR RAM
x1650 PRO 512 MB DDR2