>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery

Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
Talking M_Cederstrom book

This is a new tread that i'm posting with my work, digital painting and pencil drawing. Just a freasher version of my last one. That all.
Attached Images

M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Fuzzybluenuke

lol nice nice, it's cool to see the space one in a larger format, it's really awesome! I like your style.

My Thread
Fuzzybluenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:55 AM   #3
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Man ever since they fix the forum it been easier to post images. I just hope I don't jinks myself.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
Fuzzybluenuke

yeah it's definitely an upgrade lol. Like the new avatar

My Thread
Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 AM   #5
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks Fuzzybluenuke, yeah i had a lot of time over the weekend to upgrade.

New Post

I did this for the speed painting (Matte Painting). It my first matte painting.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Glottis
Gone away grateful

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I seriously like that orc, dude,

IMO, the fingers on the fairy´s hands should go on the back of the hand instead of between the palms.

Your matte is awesome.. though, I´d blur out the mountains in the background a bit, to get a sense of distance on them..

Glottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks Glottis,

The Orc one of my Fav... also .

As for the Fairy I see what you mean HAHAHA that would look a lot better.

As for the matted painting, Thanks , that also would have made it look a lot better. I know I already posted it in the challange but after it's done, I think I will tweek it a little more.

later
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
Fuzzybluenuke

you like space don't you? :P. I like the matte painting alot

My Thread
Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
Chubbs
Trying to release my mind

I like those curves on the fairy!! =) the goblin is really nice aswell!
Though I dont have a clue how the bones go on the spacegirl if you look at her arm =)

My homepage:
Udda.net
Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks FuzzyBlueNuke, yeah i do have a thing for space painting. i think it the colors.

Thanks Also Chubbs, You know what I was have that same convertion with one of my Freind who does Graphic Design, with the same arm you talking about, but he think it the hand that make it look a little Funny. Me I think it the coloring, that doing it.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
Chubbs
Trying to release my mind

hehe, I think its that the arm is seeming to have two elbows. The color and form makes it look like its on another place than the elbow bump you have above.

My homepage:
Udda.net
Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 02:46 AM   #12
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
on my next one I'm really going to try to push my limits. I all ready have an idea what I want to do. This Sunday I'm going to starte drafting some thing out get thing out of my head and put I on paper the best i can, and pay really good atintion to detal. i think i will also practice more on matted painting as well. I'll try not to put two Elbows this time Chubbs. LOL : )

later,
Old 16-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Well, I like the hash work on the orc and I think the fairy is your best so far as per proportion, posture, volumes. The witch has big anatomy issues and has no volume. As for the matte painting, well, the elements don't quite go togeder right. The image is way to crowded and you don't have a focal point. You need to plan your image before start compiling it, even make a pencil sketch of what you want for a final result.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #14
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks Avatar, on the witch all i did was a line drawing.I think I should have add shadow to the pencial drawing that propublly could have help a lot with the volume as for the Anatomy I'll Start Ref.. also for the matte painting, I'll starte sketching those out before I compile the images.

Thanks again Avatar,

Old 22-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #15
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Here is a drawing I did in 2005. It's my little girl at the age of 1.5. I did it in about and hour. I know there is some things really wrong with is pic, eye are the biggest probulme.
Attached Images