>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 23-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
DWIII - 3D - Ryvick - Ezra Vicar

Hi all,
this is the concept i am leaning towards. Ezra Vicar, one of the high priest who sacrificed her body for greater power. She let the artifact become a part of her, now the artifact acts as a symbiont. The artifact (light) protects her and grants her great healing and defensive powers.

the character has her back split open like an old tree bark, from where the artifact embeds itself to the host. the chains linked with the artifact are used as protective shielding. i made the chains a tad small then they should be, will be reworking on that. her hands are shackled together, her head is bandaged so it keeps the skull from splitting open, as well us other leather straps to do the same thing as well as provide little armor.

i drew another variation to her character to the left where the head is not bandaged and her hands are together as if praying. not sure about that pose but drew it to compare anywayz.

i wanted to make an ironic character where the body has been tortured to gain healing powers. the character is meant for support and healing as its major strong points.

Last edited by ryvick; 23-02-2008 at 06:27 PM..
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Interesting idea. Im going to keep my eye on your thread.

Good Luck!
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
khemist000 :: well, thanks a lot. i hope i wont let you down.

i drew another update.
Things i am not content with are the candles and the relic. oh also the leg armor, not sure how to make that look yet.

Last edited by ryvick; 23-02-2008 at 10:12 PM..
Old 23-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
really cool ideas love the 3rd concept with the floating candles on chains, and the molten rock floating behind but also burning the back of the priest not sure about the bandages fully covering the face.. maybe just have bandages covering just the eyes, like she has sacrificed her eyes for greater power, and other areas of her face showing scars and burns from previous sacrafices
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Thanks for liking it Lexicon. I need to correct you though, its not a molten rock, its a floating rock like a crystaly thingy, its not burning the back, its split open, also the whole bandage is to keep the skull from opening up. i wrote it all the way up, but you didnt read it ^_^

trying on this style of relic instead. seems to fit in.

Last edited by ryvick; 23-02-2008 at 10:37 PM..
Old 24-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
lemasterjg

the candles are needed, i like them just floating there and used a protective shield. i'm not to in love with the cut off slab in the last concept sketch, i like the giant crystal batter.

what about an inlay stone in the giant crystal?
Old 26-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #7
pingu722

Thumbs up

I like the 3rd too,I already feel the heat!!
pingu722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Ryvick, Definately keep the candles I like that whole idea. As far as the leg armor, why not design a set of symbiotic/magical robes that completely cover her feet/legs and almost serve like a single pedestal. Because she sacrificed so much, I dont think she needs legs to get around, it almost makes her more magical and mysterious to not know whats under the robes. Also I agree with L3XICON about the bandages around the head. Work with the design so that you can SEE that the skull is splitting open and that the bandages (or belts?) are holding things together.

Best of Luck!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 AM   #9
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Hey, been really slow on making this havent got the time, but i need some critique on this if you guys can help me with it.

is my mesh coming out right?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
Budello

Good concept!

I think that on the side of the face you have unnecessary triangles. If you get rid of them right now you'll have no problem during sculpting.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
khemist000

Awards Showcase
I agree with Budello about the unneccesary tris but overall your face topology seems to be pretty solid.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Thanks guys. Uh... I am going to ditch this design and work on a new one, i think that this design is too simple for this war. maybe a future project for her would be better. i will be making a new character soon, just a heads up i am thinking of a water summoner character. Designs to follow. thanks again.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
I liked your initial design, but it's always good to re-evaluate a design, you'll almost always end up with something better.

A water summoner could be a good idea.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Ladies and Gentlemen, since i cannot change the name of my character anymore, let me introduce you to the new Ezra.
tada~!

questions:
when i say water artifact user, does that mean i have to make the artifact out of water?
When i say water artifact user, can i use the water as controllable water or just as a weapon?

I was thinking of making a water formed summon that follows her. not to be mistaken as a summon though since i read that i cannot have water and summon as one use on the character. will that still be usuable the way i want it, im guessing no.

Last edited by ryvick; 12-03-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Old 16-03-2008, 01:31 AM   #15
Chung Wong

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Sounds pretty cool. Would like to see some more updates.