>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 01-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
RPG world

i plan to make all the assets that would go into an action RPG. i dont have much for programming skills yet, but this is a long term project, so in 5 years i might have a full RPG. ive been working on this for about 4 days now. comments and crits are very welcome.
Attached Images

omnicypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 AM   #2
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
i also plan to write the script and compose the music:
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 01-06-2008 at 03:51 AM..
Old 01-06-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
Wow, that is some sweet looking-game-stuff!

I'll be waiting for your game, coming in 2014! haha
but seriously: good luck to you man- your texturing is cool!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
music for the game will probably end up here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=134851044
Old 01-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
Quite an ambitious project dude. Good luck with that!

DD
Old 01-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 11
good luck buddy
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' 
Total Awards: 12
we'll all be right here if ever you'll need a few game testers. good luck dude. awesome wips so far.
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
im learning alot from modelling all this. everything natural is made up of fractals infinitly large and small. i plan to have a dungeon/level for each element. a forest, desert, snow, water, trippy mushroom, graveyard level, mountain/mine level, cloud, fire, and maybe some kind of mixed temple at the end that forces you to use everything youve learend on your quest.

but for right now, i just made an important peice that you could almost make a whole castle out of.
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 01-06-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Old 01-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
in my game, you wont kill things for experience and waste time trying to level up like in final fantasy. over time you will find health tokens that increase your overall life bar, and find a weapon/item in each dungeon that will make things a little easier. also you wont get items from mowing the lawn like in a zelda game. instead you have to kill enemies to recieve more arrows/bombs/throwing knives/magic... or buy them in town. i would like to have a trading system where you know you can buy cheap herbs at a farm town and sell it for profit in the desert. and you could buy lantern oil in the desert for cheap and sell it to the farm town for a profit. every town will play a role in the countries economy based on its natural resources, and the main character can use this to make profit on his travels. the first melee weapon you recieve will be a shovel, then you get a machette when your getting ready to enter the forest temple. after the first three temples you get magical items that all work together to open a path to the "excalabur" sword that you use in the rest of the game. its also around that same time that your simple looking quest becomes a complicated adventure, and all of the main characters problems will seem insignificant to what challenges await him. at first the story will revolve around your hometown, a simple farming village whos main export (healing herbs) is suddenly decreed by the king to be illegal. i wont get too far into the details, but breaking out of the castle dungeon with nothing but a shovel and a stolen sheild, should make for some epic gameplay. (and i dont mean a stupid sneaking mission were if you get caught, they throw a lantern at you and teleport you back to jail, im thinking more of a fight your way out or die scenario, dodging, blocking, and shovel smacking your way through halways full of guards.)

Last edited by omnicypher; 01-06-2008 at 04:47 PM..
Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
day 6 progress:
this is my first time masking layered tileable textures in max. my mask is in a very early state and needs alot of work, but the blend is looking ok. is this grass too saturated? are these rocks not saturated enough? in later towns i will pave roads and have sidewalks, but this is a small farm town, so it will be more natural. i think later on i will have either a futuristic island, or a steam punk island.
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 02-06-2008 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #11
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
its amazing how much progress you're making. i cant wait to see the finished product.and no, i think the rocks and grass are fine.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
i had an amazing breakthru just now, i created a new world map in less than a minute!! i was screwing around in photoshop making dirt layers, and after like 5 random photoshop filters, this is what came out:
on my sixth day i accidently created a world
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #13
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
cool to bad i, being me, have absoulutly no idea what your talking about. everyone else probably does though.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
Ghosty!
Problematique

Awards Showcase
Dude,

check out Realm Crafter. It is basically a program that takes out alot of the programming for you by utilizing front end UIs.

Its a bit old school, and the interface kinda blows ... but it still allows you to create a world / character and modify it and its settings without and programming.

They're working on an entirely new updated version which will allow normals etc. And the graphics are probably about par with LOTRO.
Ghosty! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
hey omnicypher, I agree with Ghosty! have a play with realm crafter, also there are a number of other free game world creaters round and about. basically it will allow you to sculpt your height maps directly in the interface, or can import a greyscale heightmap yourself. and then you can paint on the textures you have created without worrying about map channels and masking in max you can also import you other assets, tree's houses etc and place them there.

It will save you some time and work in max, but also would be experience in a workflow adopted by games developers.

good luck mate
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote